Monitor problems at lower resolutions

I inherited an 8 year old Princeton 21 inch crt monitor, model eo2010. At resolutions of 1024x768 and above, it works great. However, with games and normal windows at 640x480 or 800x600, the left and right edges of the picture are compressed. The on-screen monitor controls don't fix the problem. Tried 2 different computers with different video cards and 60, 70 and 75 refresh rates and the problem is the same. The correct video drivers and monitor drivers are loaded. Any suggestions?

Reply to
dlowe789

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 15:34:16 -0800, dlowe789 Has Frothed:

Run it at 1024x768 where it wants to be run at.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

The specs go down to 30 kHz H/50 Hz V. It's possible that a capacitor is failing or it could be bad solder connection or some other faulty part.

But if it only is a problem during boot, probably best to leave well enough alone. You're not running Windoze at 640x480? :)

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites: