Luxmn L-10 service manual or transformer details

Hi, I need specs for the Luxman L-10 transformer since i have to get it rewound. The rewinder said it'd be easier for him if i were to provide him with voltage and current specs for each winding.The right channel transformer has more windings than the left does.Vcc for the preamp stages is also generated in the right channel transformer while the left simply powers the left channel power amp. Any one with a schematic or details please? Jango

Reply to
jango2

This company

is the American distributor. Perhaps they can ask Japan for information.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Reply to
Andras

:Hi, :I need specs for the Luxman L-10 transformer since i have to get it :rewound. The rewinder said it'd be easier for him if i were to provide :him with voltage and current specs for each winding.The right channel :transformer has more windings than the left does.Vcc for the preamp :stages is also generated in the right channel transformer while the :left simply powers the left channel power amp. Any one with a :schematic or details please? :Jango

And what makes you think Luxman are going to make details of their own proprietary designs freely available to the public or any service organisation?

Luxman - and most audio eqpt manufacturers - design their power transformers specifically for the model concerned. You won't find an off-the-shelf replacement anywhere and you won't find the winding details unless you physically strip one down and count the turns. That's a lot of hard work and nobody in their right mind will usually feel it is worthwhile. If it fails you simply have to buy a new one from them...

Having said that you might find that the reason for the transformer failure is the thermal fuse they generally include in the primary winding. In some transformers it is possible to access this fuse by breaking away some of the webbing on the winding bobbin and removing the fuse and then by-passing it. I managed to do this recently when faced with the same problem.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

If the product is no longer available, why shouldn't Lux provide the information? Besides, anyone with the time and patience cold unwind the transformer.

Lux was originally a transformer company, but the way.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

:> And what makes you think Luxman are going to make :> details of their own proprietary designs freely available :> to the public or any service organisation? : :If the product is no longer available, why shouldn't Lux provide the :information? Besides, anyone with the time and patience cold unwind the :transformer. : :Lux was originally a transformer company, but the way. :

I don't know why they won't,,, but they just won't.

Do you know of any audio equipment manufacturer (even though the item might be obsolete) who is prepared to provide technical details of how to wind one of their transformers?

I also said in my post that the option to unwind and count the turns is available to those with the urge.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

In fairness, I don't. Lux might not even know.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck