### Losing Video Frequeny Response in DVD Recorder Tuner/Line Inputs

I have a Toshiba RD-XS32 DVD burner w/HDD and and am losing video freq resp even when the signal is passing thru the line inputs or from the RF tuner. Obviously, it shows up in my burned DVD's too.

It is quite noticeable in hair, freckles, low light textures. At times, I swear it is a bigger loss than going from SVHS to VHS.

Also, there are diagonal line interference at about 5 degrees from the horizontal - fairly faint and down in the noise floor - can only easily be seen in low light images. (This is RF interference right? If yes, would that be independent of the freq resp loss?)

So my question is:

Could capacitors be the cause?

I'm thinking that the premature rolloff could be related to the frequency characteristic of a failing capacitor - perhaps pulling high frequency content to ground.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance, Tom

PS. If capacitors, I would consider replacing them in the tuner board

- I've done a number of computer motherboards w/bad caps. I'll bet this thing might have SMDs... (ugh.)

Reply to
tomhoo