Intel 2107 dram sub....anything?

I'm working on a pc of equipment that uses these 2107 rams and having nothing but problems with them. They're odd that they don't use a RAS or CAS. I'm thinking they are their own animal and there's nothing that can be hacked in as a replacement. The story goes that they were manufactured on a site that was slightly radioactive leading to the gradual degradation over time, so I'm a bit hesitant to track down NOS parts. Any hope or am I dead in the water?

boardjunkie1

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:28:20 -0700 (PDT), boardjunkie1 put finger to keyboard and composed:

If all 12 address lines are strobed at the same time, then ISTM that you may be able to replace the DRAM with a static RAM.

In fact, if you have a bank of these DRAMs, say 4Kx16 or 4Kx8, then you may be able to replace the entire array with one or two SRAMs.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

They are used in banks in this application. 2 banks of 8 with the data out at pin 7 shared in pairs. The static ram idea is a thought. I'll have to see what I have on hand that may work.

/

That is the configuration.

Reply to
boardjunkie1

If those were the DRAM chips that had the bit-flipping problem with the ceramic packages made from clay that were slightly radioactive, look for replacements that are in a plastic case.

See

There's 6 of them here:

JW