HP Laptop power supply output plug

That 3 wire problem , not a problem. Have the compaq with me now , took dvm readings, chassis ground to outer face of that 3 way line connector, red DVM plus probe to chassis on diode test 0.63V forward V, nothing on neg to ground . Current limited power up on bench supply, needed to switch on pc before it would charge (maybe my inadequate bodged up dummy 7.3/5mm connector). No requirement to have third pin connected for this use. No popup my side of Vista password entry anyway, perhaps a Dell problem and third wire problems.

Reply to
N_Cook

will

damaged.

fix

reports

More

an

dvm

it didn't bounce back so presumably no Vista induced hickup, so centre wire not required for this Compaq and HP 90W ps.

Reply to
N_Cook