Googey framing optical pickup head

I was cleaning an optical pickup head and there was some fuzz where the frame holds the pickup in place. Underneath was a dab of gooey stuff, ie, unhardened glue. Same on four corners, so it's not melted (I hope). What/why?

Reply to
vjp2.at

Perhaps it is some sort of silicon support or damping material - I wouldn't touch it if the unit is working!

Of course if there is some sort of alkaline battery anywhere in the vicinity, then it could be some sort of salt or alkaline leakage. Not very likely though I suspect.

One of the principles of repair: If it ain't broke - don't fix it!

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson