Ceiling light assistance

Hi and help!

I have removed a ceiling light I have previously replaced but this time it's gone wrong!

I can 't get it wired right at all

I have 4 cables from the ceiling each with a red, a black and an earth. I know one runs what I'd call a 'serial' circuit to a second light from this light.

Following the original set up I have 4 reds together, 3 blacks and 1 separate black. A brown goes into the light L port from the single black and a blue returns to the clustered blacks from the N port.

Foolishly I didn't mark the switch wires and have run trial and error on the blacks to varying results - best being solidly on.

Please can someone offer some advice.

Thanks

--
unbeliever1865
Reply to

A perfect reply and clearly described. You have my greatest thanks.

--
unbeliever1865
Reply to

ero

rk

he

hese

hat

s.

ths

hat

it

What is "consumer unit"??

Reply to
hrhofmann

"Consumer unit" is English for "breaker panel" or "fuse box" in American.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

"Consumer unit" is English for "breaker panel" or "fuse box" in American.

Matt Roberds

It s also what we English do in the pub, or more commonly now, at home.

Hic.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis