CD changer problem

A neighbor's Fisher 'Studio 24' disc player reports a M-Error in the display after some usage, then refuses to continue playing.

What kind of problem has developed here; how much repair will it take?

thx for info, -ph

Reply to
PaulH96636

m-error is a mechanical failure.. Usually it was a small clutch that the plastic broke. The unit has two . one is part of the front loading and the other is loading the disc from the carousel to the cd mech . Its been 5 years since I work on one, Not a fun job. I don't know even if the part is still available.

Reply to
Doug

Ive worked on about 3 different units of that model and they all seem to have the same problem. There is a slip clutch that is involved in the loading of the CD into the play deck at the rear of the unit. When it fails and you get the error message you can get it to load the CD anyway by wiggling the carousel tray back and forth gently while it is attempting to load the disk. It will go ahead and load and play the disk but you may have the same problem all over again when it tries to load the next disk. If anyone can tell me the part number for that small slip clutch gear I would appreciate it. You see, I have one of those sitting in my living room and it will fail from time to time. It seems to be worse after the unit has warmed up a bit. I guess the grease in the slip clutch gets less viscuos when it warms a bit. Good luck and I hope I have helped some.

Reply to
worldcitizen

The Sanyo/Fisher part number is 614 253 9071. At our shop we get them from Pacific Coast Parts.

Reply to
Doug

What is the contact email or phone# for Pacific parts

Lpu

--
lpun
Reply to