Car mirror heater pad

Just as a postscript, a very kind US reader of this group sent me some suitable pads, and refused any reimbursement. I won't name him, of course, but would just like to say a public thank you.

They were of a different make to the originals so have given me a pointer on getting supplies of these for other owners of my car in the same position - I'm a member of a one model car club.

They appear to have been etched from copper clad Kapton sheet then laminated with plain Kapton giving a thin and flexible but strong insulated element. I'm hoping it might even be possible to make my own using conventional PCB techniques, if I can find a supplier of smallish amounts of this, or similar, material.

--
*Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route *

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)