Akai AA-R32 Receiver P/S caps

I was given an Akai AA-R32 receiver from the 80s, which I am now using while I fix my NAD 3125. My first impression of this unit was not good

- although it clearly has more power power than my NAD, it sounds dull, flat and muddy. Not all that surprising I suppose, but then I noticed that all four large caps (10,000 uF 50V) have leaked. Is it worth replacing these caps, and are they likely to make a noticeable difference in sound quality?

Is anyone familiar with this receiver? I don't expect it to match my NAD, but if I can make it acceptable for a second system, I'll spend a bit of time on it.

Thanks.

Reply to
TDWesty

Max Harding vk3jin