Subject Author Posted Replies

Vintage eBay frequency counter question
Worth fixing up, or destined only for a new home on the scrap heap? Asking price is too high either way IMO
11
11

Recognise this trace?
Gentlemen, The link below shows a scope trace of the output of a linear PSU (voltage 4.7VDC) with about 300mV of 100Hz ripple riding on it. This PSU is in- circuit under load from the boards it...
20
20

Sony Bravia, my kids think I'm old and dumb
I have a Sony Bravia TV and a digital cable box. My kids (23 and 25 yrs old) visited this weekend. They left and I came home from work and turned on the TV. It had no sound, I turned the volume up to...
1
1

Fender Deluxe 90 hums
It hums, said the customer. I'll take a look, I said. After a cleanup I tested it and couldn't find anything electrically wrong. But with nothing except power connected there always seemed to be a...
2
2

Re: JP1 remote control device files - where can I find them?
You have to be signed-in for the download button to appear between the File frame and the Author frame.

need help with odd CRT monitor image
ive got a tovis mtg-1901cn cga color monitor. in use, or with a test patter n, the image starts out perfectly at the top. as you move down toward the m iddle , it gradually starts to compress the...
67
67

gas discharge bulb V/I trace ringing?
Hi all, I was trying my Heathkit curve tracer on a gas discharge transient suppressor (striking at about 200V) and I've found the following behaviour: Basicly it seems to heavily ring on the turn-off...
22
22

What the heck are these plugs for?
I needed to replace a 1/8" stereo plug on a cord. I found on ebay a pack of three 1/8" stereo plugs from China, for about $2. I dont normally order from China, but for the price and since I was in no...
17
17

Can I use a light dimmer on a Scroll Saw motor?
Most of the new scroll saws have variable speed. I have an old Delta from somewhere around the 1970s. The saw works fine, and is built much better than the new ones which have a lot of plastic parts....
6
6

World Running Out of Electrons, New Report Warns
From: World Running Out of Electrons, New Report Warns The world is rapidly running out of electrons, a new report from environmental action group Earth First warns. They have advocated that electrons...
19
19

Old Tube TV Keeps Changing Channel to Channel 2: Hitachi CT-1955 NP85XA Chassis / 19" Color-1984 Purchase
Back in February or March of 2010 the TV began changing from any channel to channel 2 intermittently. Sometimes very frequent. Other times more inte rmittent but it would not go more than a few hours...
20
20

Coke cleans toilets
Things to do with Coca-Cola Diet Coke - Business Insider Pour it around the rim [of tthe toilet] and let it flow into the bowl. Let it sit for about an hour and then scrub off any stubborn stains with...
5
5

Autopsy on a failed 50W LED floodlight
Chinese no-name YXY-FGD-50W White goo under the LED metal backing, only covering about 1/3 of the area, as originally placed blob , not fully splurged. Bowing of the metal at rear of the LED array ,...
1
1

Mouser Electronics
All: Just got an e-mail from Mouser that some parts I had ordered in the past were about to be discontinued (as obsolete) by the manufacturer. Few suppliers bother with this level of service. Peter...
8
8

dead USB drive anyone?
Hi, I already know the answer but we never know if anyone out there can make miracles :) I've been given a dead USB drive, in my linux laptop is identified as usb storage device but it fails to read...
9
9