Subject Author Posted Replies

Oldest piece of working and still used test equipment ?
I decided to break into my 1000V DC, 10 Gigohm insulation tester, today. No particular reason , just curious, as still in perfect working order. Had to break a seal to get inside, never needed repair...
22
22

TV output going yellow
Our older projection television is looking visibly yellow. Sometimes it fixes itself and then returns to yellow. Is this a gun problem or a chip on the motherboard that's easily fixed? It's an older...
12
12

Dell P922 Monitor
I recently posted about my Dell monitor being too bright. Thanks to all who responded. There was a typo in my posting. The model should have been P992 not P922. Is there a service manual available for...
1
1

Whirlpool Dehumidifier Vibration Noise Ordeal
Hi, Less than two years ago, I bought a Whirlpool dehumidifier model AD50DSS2. This is a 50 pint, manual control unit. I wanted a manual control type because I built my own controller which wouldn't...
4
4

Very early LCD displays
I picked up some these curiosities in a car boot sale, no known history. Anyone have any info , particularly date. They are made of 2 sandwiched very thick 1/8 inch glass slabs with obvious epoxied...
3
3

Your experience with Fry's
I have bought many motherboard-cpu combinations from Fry's and, upon reflection, I realize I have had problems with *every* one of them. Sometimes I have to return them, but if the problem is not too...
27
27

Philips Active Noise Canceling Headphones, SHN2500 OEM - SHN2500-B ???
Are these actually active noise cancelling, or even noise cancelling at all? Their list price is only 30 dollars. I thought to be noise cancelling, there had to be a microphone that listened to...
5
5

Auto fade in and out.
I've got a (Vellerman) PWM device which is DC controlled. I'd like to use it such that it fades up to max when a simple DC switch is made, then fades out when it is broken. I can get it to do this...
10
10

2GB NOKLA 5800 Xpress music mobile phone
NOKLA 5800 Xpress music mobile phone This is NOKIA 5800 Xpress Music Made in China, Dual Camera, good camera, original battery, original box and accessories

Sharp TV menu problem
I have 46" Sharp Acquos and I cannot navigate menu more than 2 level. When I do that it auto-magically changes the channels. It surprises me. I like to mute my TV speakers so I can connect the...

Old Grundig Radio ...
Anybody still got, by any remote chance, a schematic for a Grundig Yacht Boy model 208 that they could scan and let me have pronto ? Note that the model number is very specific. There were many...
31
31

Dell P922 monitor
My Dell P922 monitor is too bright. Even at minimum brightness setting, it still shows retrace lines. Otherwise works fine. Anyone know of a source of technicial info on this monitor? I think its made...
8
8

Opto-coupler failure question (HCNR201)
Hi all, I'm using an HCNR201 opto-isolator device in a galvanically isolated linear signal transfer application. I have about two dozen of these in a not completely unimportant application aboard sea...
32
32

is there such a thing as a current limiter that looks like a disk capacitor ???
I was trying to run one of the kids toys from a bench supply instead of batteries. Instead of hooking it up to 5 volts I accidentally hooked it to 17 volts ... So now I'm trying to troublshoot. The...
12
12

"Beastkit"
For those in the US who used to read "Stereophile", Charles Holt has put the "Beastkit" up for auction.