Subject Author Posted Replies

Goodmans TV does not respond to the TV remote
I have a Goodmans TV model LD3761HDFVT. Increasingly, I can not run it. Blue LED on the front of the TV lights up, but very poorly lit. TV does not work then - does not respond to the TV remote. I can...
9
9

exploding mice.....
Well, here is one for the books. No damage done, but about as strange as it gets. I was up late tonight using the computer with my logitech wireless mouse. I hear this snap noise, and this sputtering...
10
10

External speaker wiring for iPod
I bought a bargain external speaker and mic for an iPOD. I wanted to play a tape recorder device direct into the speaker by plugging the speaker + mic into the 3.5mm (1/8 inch) output of a tape...
6
6

RCA TV model 27V412T Mute Icon Nuisance
Hi, I own an RCA TV, model 27V412T, chassis M134C. When muted, a mute icon is displayed at a location that annoys me since the icon doesn't disappear. Note: Another model RCA TV of mine, the icon...
4
4

seeking laserwriter II part
Hello all, I am looking for the LED board for an Apple Laserwriter II.. it's about 1" x 3" and has four LEDs with plastic "fins." I am hoping that someone has one lying around they wouldn't mind...
10
10

laser physics relant 300wc
I recently bought laser physics relant 300wc with a excalibur scanning engine mounted on the same board with it. I have to get it to a local shop to see if it works. My question is, "working or not,...
2
2

Unused Li-ion battery pack
How to store to retain it for possible future use? deliberately discharged and then unattended outside of pc charged up in pc and then unattended outside of pc charged via otherwise unused pc once a...
49
49

SMPS Gateway ADP-180AB Profile PSU Power Supply 12V 15A Delta
I wasn't able to find any archived info regarding repair of this somewhat sophisticated, high current PSU. This is the 180W version of this ADP series of SMPSs. The process of disassembly wasn't...
4
4

Somewhat OT - breaking a dry cell
Yesterday, I dropped my "Hard-Case" LED torch on the wooden deck outside my house. It went out, and wouldn't turn on again. This surprised me, because the torch is rebustly made, and LEDs aren't that...
7
7

Vaio PCG-K23 laptop won't boot.
This Sony Vaio PCG-K23 over the last year would have good days and bad days. Sometimes it would boot up on the first or second start. Other days, it would take 20-30 starts to get it to boot. Other...
19
19

Capacitor Specification
Would anyone have an old electronic catalog that would have the voltage rating and ceramic type for CW15A and CW30A ceramic capaitors. Thank you
1
1

Uk Freeview
Why is there no channel 8 on Freeview? On my Toshiba box, pressing channel 8 takes you back to the channel you were last watching. anyone know? Ron(UK)
24
24

What a carry on
Someone in New York is having to ship out to me in the UK, and return carriage, to repair a 20 lb 30 year-old tape recorder -- Diverse Devices, Southampton, England electronic hints and repair briefs...
1
1

Practical LED illumination issues
Hi, Motivated by the CFL thread, I'm looking for info on fabricating "light panels" for use under kitchen cabinets. Typically, low profile fluorescent fixtures are used in these places. But, they...
26
26

RCA Projection TV - POWER ON??????
We have a large home theater RCA projection TV model P61939 that we have had for several years and never had a single issue with. We use it for our TV and some video games. Last night we watched...
5
5