Subject Author Posted Replies

Strange Behavior From Refrigerator Thermostat
As I was recently in need of a small refrigerator, I gave $20 for a "Franklin Chef" FCD401BL mini-fridge. It looks to be another no-name Made In China unit, but the compressor was made by Matsushita...
2
2

Cap value for timing circuit
Relay-logic controlled printing machine, 110 vac. A 300mfd (150v) electrolytic cap is used together with 25K (25 W) ohm wirewound pot and a 5K ohm relay coil to control a variable time delay before...
27
27

DeLL E152FPc Goes black after a second.
I have a Dell E152FPc Flat screen Monitor 15" that goes black after about a second after it is powered on. The Green power light stays on and the color bar test pattern is there if you stick a flash...
34
34

OK to leave Li-ion battery in charger with no power connected?
After I have charged my spare lithum-ion camera battery I like to leave it in the charger with the mains disconnected. (It's a handy place to keep the battery.) In that sort of setup, would the...
16
16

DVD laser deterioration?
My bedroom DVD player is the original Sony DVP-S7000, which I purchased at half-price when it was discontinued in 1999. It's given good service, except for locking up a few years ago, which turned out...
14
14

Advice on manuals web site
Has anyone here ordered manuals from need a service manual that they have listed on the web site, but am a bit apprehensive about ordering it. They have no contact info except an email address; no...
12
12

Ping: James Sweet (or anyone who knows the Viewsonic P220F monitor)
I have one of these that started acting up last night. Pwrs up, has high voltage, no raster with input connected. I replaced the suspect optocoupler and cleaned up a bit of cracked solder today. Pwrd...
1
1

Re: tektronix D755 CRT problem?
Hi all, I had time to investigate further the problem on this scope and I just found out that the metallic shield around the CRT's neck is slightly magnetized. I suppose this is a mu-metal tube to...
4
4

I think my friend got a Ebay special..
My friend was a wining bidder on a guitar amp, it was posted as not working, stating that it blows the fuse instantly. So he knew that it was broke from the start, didn't pay much for it. THe seller...
3
3

12V , 200W , DC motor
Needs new brushes as one had cracked along half the length but not broke away, so forming a wedge in the slideway. Along with some conglomeration of carbon etc in that part of the slideway and beyond...
23
23

Golf Caddy - totally worn out speed control pot
How common is this, I've never seen a pot like this? the wiper that covers the conductive ring is worn down to 2 disconnected stubs and the triplet one covering the resistive track very worn and one...

torchiere lamp replacement POT?
Any idea where to buy a 5K pot with switch with 6mm diameter shaft? The body of the POT is 16mm diameter. When my torchiere lamps break it is always the POT that goes bad. There ought to be a lot of...
4
4

rc speed controller
all series rc speed controller for brushless,type 12a---100a ,HQ,price cheap,welcome hobbist see website:

Samsung model TX-P3064W high pitched sound from SMPS
I got this set in for repair and noticed a high pitched sound when turn on is attempted.. The heat sink near the flyback has two transistors mounted to it. The larger one that looks like it could be a...
1
1

Antex XS25 soldering tips.
Recently I ordered some spare XS25 tips from farnell, the one's that arrived are different to what I remember (and the illustration) they do not have the split down the sides and a retaining spring...
4
4