Subject Author Posted Replies

Crate GT-80 amplifier..
I have determine that the power supply transformer in a Crate GT-80 needs replacing. This becomes obvious when you remove all the secondaries from any circuit and it still wants to take out it's...
1
1

Split HEX files..
Hi guys! Please i need support! I have an hex file and i need to split it in low bytes and high bytes. My eprom programmer just don't handle this function.I have to burn one low bytes eprom and one...
19
19

Cannot touch bottom left of 4-wire touch screen
Symptom: When moving up and down the left side of touchscreen, it inputs an arch running from the top left to the middle bottom. I have an old Psion netbook with a four wire touchscreen which I cannot...
8
8

Good Will GPS1810OH Power supply problem
I have an old GPS1810OH Power supply and I wanted to know if any of you might have one on your bench... Mine has a semiconductor that has the top of it fried and I can't read the part number... If...
19
19

variable voltage high current from computer ATX supply?
Is there a simple way to make a computer power supply variable and maintain high current? I keep seeing designs that use LM317T's, but they're limited to 1.5 A or less. I'd like to be able to retain...
2
2

Acer 5520 won't power up?
An Acer 5520 notebook. Press power, the notebook powers on for a couple of seconds then powers off by itself. Then (without touching anything) it repeats the same power on/off cycle where the on is...
7
7

ABI CMOS/TTL etc tester / Coutant RL 150/100 SMPS
Went to use it this week , first time for ages and not a dickybird, no magic smoke/ ominous noises. Just single cycle slow repeat ping/clicks from the inverter transformer. Was working fine last time...
3
3

How long does a resistor last?
When run at its rated power? I'm referring to 1/4 - 10 watt resistors in TVs and PC power supplies, probably in 30-50 Celcius surrounding air. I thought that resistors were supposed to be chosen for...
26
26

identifying transistor
Hello all, I need to replace a transistor which only markings are the motorola logo and "9570". It's TO-92 case and NPN (measured a good one in the same circuit). Any hint on specs about it are...
9
9

Looking for Leonard
Leonard Caillouet Bob from SIS would like to say Hi, and know what happened. I know there was an issue about service manuals. Hope that wasn't what happened, I didn't make the call.

oh turds! compressor motor starting cap's 'blown out' but it's a "non-standard"
my ancient 4hp sears craftsman air compressor needs a starting capacitor, I've determined (through a process of elimination). I still have the original owners manual, and the capacitor is "part of the...
13
13

OT: Tip of my hat to this young man.
2
2

Dating CMOS 4000 series ICs
when there is ambiguous year date code. I'm not getting very far googling. Both A and B series around in 1977 to 1983. When did A series cease production ? they came in about 1968 When did buffered B...
4
4

Microwave oven -- Whirlpool MD365WH
Hi, I have a Whirlpool MD365WH microwave oven. The problem is that the automatic cooking functions is working erratically. If I want to auto-defrost something the display reads out "Sense" and after...
12
12

Laney VC30
Usual suspects, even though only 2 years old probably. But final straw was mains fuse blowing at switch on, no major problems on previous use. Consumption max 100mA rating plate says and 1.6A...
1
1