Subject Author Posted Replies

Zenith DTT-901 = FLAKY
Please note that I'm posting this simply out of frustration; I don't expect any solutions to these problems. I'm one of the zillions of analog TV owners who ended up with one of these DTV converter...
14
14

manufacturers of white LED's using the YAG: Ce phosphor?
Can anyone tell me which manufacturers of white LED's use the YAG: Ce phosphor to produce the white light? Thanks, Chris J.

Projector Lamp Substitute Load Troubleshoot 3M MP8650 350W EP1750 p/n 78-6969-8306-9
Are there any safe substitutes to use as a temporary load for LCD video projector lamps? What voltage is present for these types of projection lamps? I have experience and equipment for working with...

Kenmore Microwave Oven - 2 failures in 2 years
Hi Experts, This model 721.63252 301 has gone belly up for the 2nd time in 2 years. Both times it blew there was a pop, then a smell of overheated plastic and then a loud hum. I took it to Sears the...
49
49

Faulty Samsung SR-L3626B fridge-freezer
We have had our Samsung SR-L3626B fridge for about about 6 years. It has recently developed a strange fault whereby when it is powered on, the fridge and freezer will cool and compressor & fan will...
1
1

HP3478A input hybrid?
Hi all, anyone with a dead HP3478A DMM and willing to spare with the input hybrid (U102 = 1QF7-0067)? You can reply here or directly at

microwave magnetron dead?
no shorts between magnetron contacts or ground but when plugged it does not heat the oven contents and has loud hum Is it dead(how to make sure) or perhaps requires say 1v higher cathode heating...
16
16

OT: Electronic coded car locks
How many cars would I have to zap with my car door opener to find another one that it would work on? Or is every single car door zapper different? After having my car serviced at my local garage I was...
22
22

Re: Split HEX files..
Hi "JA" I am an assembly programmer for many years. Do you mean the first byte of each byte pair (word) as "low byte"? In other words, the splitter will create two separate files. The "low bytes" file...
1
1

ISO oddball cooler (or repair thereto)
Hi, I've got a SunPCi II (coprocessor board) that has a noisey cooler. So far, I've not been able to find a direct replacement -- nor anything else that comes close to the same form factor, etc. This...
4
4

Sumsung monitor intermittent startup
Hi, Samsung 931B LCD Monitor Monitor and computer are switched off overnight. In the morning I switch on the monitor and computer The monitor switch button glows blue Display flickers on and off maybe...
8
8

Euphonic Adio iamp 350,2001
Just curious in passing, anyone know why there is a 555 in there, on the pa/ps? delay-on or delay-off timer perhaps? -- Diverse Devices, Southampton, England electronic hints and repair briefs ,...
6
6

wireless doorbells
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with wireless doorbells. The last couple of days mine has been ringing a couple of times on its own (no, it isn't a pre-Halloween prank). I have some...
31
31

LED display (MAN6730) problem
Hello, I am just repairing a fairly old instrument (manufactured in 1989) which employs two LED displays (driven by ICL71xxx family chip), one of the displays is 1 and 1/2 digits, RED color common...
10
10

Sherwood tuner died.
Hi All, I have a fairly old but lightly used Sherwood R 125 RDS ss FM receiver but note the FM tuner has died. Well, it's working in as much it appears to auto tune and lock onto a station and with...
20
20