Subject Author Posted Replies

Hot knife
Hi, [Obviously, the weekend has been spent disassembling and repairing/replacing a variety of "toys" :-/ ] What tricks can be brought to bear disassembling plastic items that have been solvent welded...
7
7

Benq FP737S LCD monitor backlight - won't go off (longish).
Received a Benq Q7T3-FP737S for repair, symptom no backlight. These are notorious for inverter failures. Schematics at Found PF751 open, FETs Q743/751 OK, D751 OK, Q739/740 OK, and one of Q759/760...
4
4

DVD/ STEREO SYSTEM: bridge rectifier question
I've just 'fixed' a dvd/amp/stereo all in one made by the world famous Sunstech :-p ( model hf-dv55m ; manual and details here ) Unit was dead, on power up some garbled text appeared in the display....
3
3

Tabbed battery replacements
Hi, Replacing rechargeable battery packs in consumer kit is a bane I suspect most of us share. You can't "solder" to individual cells. And, you usually can't slip a battery holder in place to make the...
15
15

Voltage Regulator 041M03
Can't find any info on this device. I need to know what the output voltage should be. I'm assuming 3 volts, but would like to know for sure. It is getting red hot on the circuit board and is...
9
9

B&D FireStorm 24VDC Batteries - DIE QUICK!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a great Black & Decker 24VDC FireStorm Hammer Drill that works GREAT. The problem I am having is within the first few months, one battery wouldn't hold a charge. So I got a spare but now I have...
10
10

Projection TV dies if plugged in and OFF for a while...HUH?????
I have an 61" RCA projection TV model P61939 that woke up dead one day, just made a popping sound from the speakers when I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Couldn't get power to come on ir...
6
6

Is there any easy way to get a tv test pattern on my tv?
Is there any fairly easy way to get a tv test pattern on my tv screen? Not the color bands but the circle. The vertical doesn't seem linear. It has a built in VCR and I have a DVD player. And a...
7
7

LCD inverter
Hi everyone. I recently got a 22" LCD monitor which has a bad backlight inverter.. It is a Phillips LC200WX1 which is part of an all in one PC. This monitor has 5 CCFL tubes in it. The inverter itself...
4
4

Refrigerators that stop working when it's cold?
Hello all... I bought a secondhand fridge (a Franklin Chef FCD401BL) a few months ago for use in a house where I am only storing stuff. This fridge uses R134A refrigerant. The heat in the house is...
10
10

OT: That Air France Airbus ditching , plus a near miss
A sort of "blue skies" thought experiment repair scenario, makes a change , previously discussed here submerged into thread "Post mortem on an IEC connector", June 2009 Now a second airbus A330 , fly...
4
4

BIOS tricks.......Free E-Book
Hi=85Good day=85=85.I juz want to share something......hopefully it may be helpful to some of you Who is this book for? This book is for those (novice and advanced) who are interested in optimization...
2
2

Ma, I Broke The Plate!
The other day I noticed that our microwave was sparking a bit. Then a few minutes after making some pop corn there was a loud thump sound that came from the microwave, but I didn't think about it...
10
10

Wayne Kerr 3245 inductance analyzer with bad deflection board
Repairing a Wayne Kerr 3245 inductance analyzer that has a bad CRT board. C311 located between the yoke connector and the flyback transformer is missing - judging from the capacitor "fuzz" all over...
4
4

DP6150 shutting down
Hi, I rescued a Proxima DP6150 that is in quite good condition (cosmetically, low lamp hours, good image, convergence, etc.). But, it shuts down after just a few minutes of use. At least one fan is...