Subject Author Posted Replies

How to convert old NuTone Intercom IM-4006 cassette to iPod
I picked up a Monster A IP FM-CH 250 iCarPlay Wireless 250 FM Transmitter for iPodĀ® & iPhone from the local electronics store I was hoping I could plug just the USB cable part of the 12v-auto-USB...
16
16

Strange LCD repair outcome
I normally repair LCD monitors which are heading for landfill, and they are turned over to needy/worthy groups (usually replacing olde CRTs). Almost always, repairs are either "recap SMPS" or "replace...
13
13

NEC MultiSync LCD1555V
hey again, I've got an NEC MultiSync LCD1555V here, which a friend gave to me, and it's not working right. you turn it on, and the screen is lit up, but no picture - or so I thought. after...
8
8

Philips PJTV PTV310/325
I am wondering if anyone knows weather or not the Focus/G2/Splitter unit for this PJTV can be subbed with the newer ones used in the PTV340 chassis? The TV is a Sears 626.54461850 , corresponds to a...

How much power used when device is Off.
I hope you all can explain this to me. Let's assume we have an AC adapter with only a small number of parts, a step-down transformer and 1 to 4 diodes. Let's assume that the primary of the adpater...
35
35

Cordless Phone batteries are all junk?
I would like to know if my cell phone battery situation is of general nature, or perhaps I had very unusual bad luck. We have a Uniden cordless phone system that works very well, except that original...
14
14

Cerwin Vega Sub Woofer -- buzzy distortion
I have a Cerwin Vega HT-S12A subwoofer that has begun making an electronic distortion. The speaker itself seems fine when I do a push pull and tap -- no voice coil rub. Just putting my hand near the...
22
22

STR-DE698 Receiver Frequently Turns Itself Off
I have a STR-DE698 7.1ch receiver that started turning itself off recently. I suspected heat as the cause, so I moved it out of the enclosed cabinet and into an open one. I also set it on top of a...
10
10

OT: Why do people shout into mobile phones?
Won't happen. In the handset, between the microphone and the A/D converter (CODEC) is an AGC (automagic gain control) circuit with considerable dynamic range. No matter how loud one yells into the...
11
11

There's a result then ...
Following on from my request earlier in the week for a schematic set for a NAD cassete deck that was an urgent repair for Christmas, having not come up with any diagrams, I decided today to fling it...
18
18

WTB: Beta VCR Head Puller
Does anyone out there still have a Betamax head puller? I need to change the head on a Sony SL-2700, my VHS head puller won't fit and there's no other way to extract the head without damaging...
1
1

Motion detector
My yard light won't go off any more. I block the detector wait 60 seconds and I hear the relay click off but the light now stays on when it used to go off. It clicks again when I block the detector,...
52
52

Data Sheets ...
Here's a resource that I came across today, and hadn't seen before. Seems to have a vast amount of semiconductor data sheets on the site. Arfa
1
1

robbins myers motor wiring
I have a Robbins Myers motor 1842405031 KLM330b0ll It is 1/4 hp 110v ac with 3 wires Blue Yellow Red and requires a capacitor 460-525 mfd. No wiring chart and I can't figure out to hook it up. Tried...
17
17

PCB track fault - infuriating one
Intermittant cutting out of an amp , something to do with the uPC1237HA protection IC. Number of control inputs (o/p DC fault sense etc) that takes o/p low of main speaker relay which clicks over. In...
8
8