Subject Author Posted Replies

Akai projection update
Hi, I'm the one who posted a few weeks back about my projection TV going out. Well, the drama continues. I finally received the back ordered part only to have it not work. Called the service company...
8
8

Roland DB 500 bass amp , 1999
Is there any redeeming feature about working on this amp? I don't suppose removing the front would reveal removeable connections on the speakers. So you have to remove a choke, ferrite filter,...
8
8

Roberts R303
This is probably one for Arfa. An old friend asked me to take a look at his Roberts Radio R303, I`d usually say no, but, well you know how it is!. It's not oscillating, I imagine it's the old AF114...
5
5

Durability of flash memory cards
/ A COUPLE have been reunited with pictures from a camera they dropped overboard on an Atlantic cruise, thanks to an Oxfordshire woman. South Africans Barbara and Dennis Gregory were en route from New...
5
5

repairing a dead Panasonic RF-B60 portable radio
This is a good quality small portable Shortwave/AM/FM radio. It used to work well for me on batteries and one day just went dead. I've been trying it recently with new batteries, but no luck...still...
5
5

Bit OT. Radio Data System or "RDS" ...
For many years, I have had radios in my cars, which have been equipped with the Radio Data System, or RDS. I recall when I had my first one, trying to find out how this worked, but coming up against a...
18
18

schematic for 37LG3000 power supply?
Does anyone know where I can get hold of the schematic of the power supply for the 37LG3000 LCD TV power supply board? It has a part number EAY4050500 Thanks
1
1

Sanyo DS25390 TV Buzzing
While watching a program, the Sanyo DS25390 started buzzing. At first I thought it was a some sorta of feature that was an alarm clock going off since there was no difference in the picture or audio....
5
5

NEC LCD1935NXM quick picture then black screen
Hi Everyone, I'm hoping you can help me with an issue I'm having with my NEC flat panel monitor model LCD1935NXM. This monitor was purchased a few years ago and I recently started having trouble with...
6
6

Chipped and broken solar cells on ebay
There are many sellers of different types of cells, some are chipped or broken and prices vary (a lot). Is there no reliable non ebay source where those folks get their cells? Bart Bervoets
2
2

? on high-pressure sodium lights
Does the "starter" continue to function once the lamp is going, or does it "drop out"? Just wondering. I fixed my MIL's light by replacing the defective coil being driven by the SIDAC NTE6419, but...
11
11

OT: Why are floodlamp gels gel ?
Went to clean a gel and the gel came off leaving clear celluloid or whatever substrate. Trying to dye varnish with red ink or dye only gave pink when applied to a lens, with white shining through....
3
3

OT Optical Sensors over USB
Hi, I've been investigating upgrading the camera included with a (cheap) microscope. It is a VGA USB device, thus around 0.3Mp. Its really just about useless for microscopy, al the details are just...
14
14

45-degree diagonal cutters?
I used to own a pair of flush cutters where the jaws and the handles met at about a 45-degree angle. Made for a nice tool for getting in between components when you needed to nip something off flush...
156
156

The customer is always right [slightly OT]
The proprietor of my local hardware shop told me today that a customer has just brought back two coin cells which she had bought for a small toy yesterday. The battery compartment was marked "+" and...