Subject Author Posted Replies

Audiolab 8000A
Hate the things, pa schematic out there but not prea it would seem. Preamp problem t'would seem. At switch on a pair of 47uF electros fed via 120K from 27V rail give increasing voltage that at about...
13
13

Samsung plasma TV PS-42V4S
Hi all. I've a plasma TV which has a problem with the picture. If you think of verticle lines through the entire screen, I would say the 1st, 5th and 10th is not lit. BUT, menus and on-screen displays...
12
12

mechanical zero on a small meter
I have an old MFJ SWR meter with a built in counter. It has an LCD display to read frequency and it uses a small 2 inch korean made plastic analog meter to read SWR. I keep this unit in my service...
17
17

Pro-51 scanner radio keyboard repair?
Has anyone here had experience cleaning the push button keypad on a scanner? My 15 year old Radioshack Pro-51 works fine, except that I have to press harder than normal on the keys to get the scanner...
6
6

Sacrificial power darlington?
For an audio amp that may have catastrophic oscillation problems. If you combined TIP3055 and TIP41C (say) , with biasing Rs of 40/ 8K scaled for particular use, plus a power diode, would that give...

how to hide a cell phone tower...
bob
1
1

Sony 27" Trinitron Dead
It's a KV27TS20 almost 19 years old. Don't worry...it's been superceded with a nice Sony HD LCD TV. But I figured I would at least take a look before tossing it. And fix it if it's something...
10
10

Replace missing caps for fuse holders.
I have an Adcom GFA-555II that has four missing caps for the fuse holders. There is one cap that is not missing and the circumference of the metal ring is 8.5mm and 11.4 mm for the plastic cap that...
7
7

Technics RS-TR255 Cassette Decks
This may well qualify as a "Lost Cause", but ... I have 2 dual decks per the subject line. On both, the record drive will not spin a (good, tested) tape. Same tape works OK in the play-only drive. On...
14
14

MSI megabook L735 black screen
I have this MSI laptop i cannog get to work, i have reseated all cables, cpu and ram but the laptop just don't want to boot and nothing on the screen, no backlight but all lamps come on and the fan is...

TIP: 1/4 inch socket with isolated switch/es
I'm getting rather tired of seeing band amp failures due to the use of these flimsey domestic grade of amp headphone sockets. Even if you can get hold of one off replacements, rather than minimum of...
4
4

Best Soldering Iron for SMT Work?
I've used Metcal MX-500's at work for about 12 years now, and really love them. I'm looking to do more electronics work at home when I retire soon, and need to replace my ancient Weller WTCP station....
31
31

Hooking up CD through tape input
I sold a Realistic mini receiver to a fellow who wanted to run a CD player through it. I did not ask which brand/model CD player that he has but I told him that the receiver had a 1/8 inch "mini jack"...
23
23

Samsung PS-42V4S plasma TV vertical lines
Hi all, what can the problem with a Samsung plasma TV model PS-42V4S with vertical lines all over the screen. The owner says the vertical lines has become worse over time, which make me think of...
2
2

LCR capacitors UK
Of 20 years ago, light blue plastic cylinders 15mm long 6mm diameter, radial format. With numbers like 22 GY 2 and 390 JY 2 (sic) on them for 22pF and 390pF so large for their size . But what would...
2
2