Subject Author Posted Replies

New Multimeter Purchase
For a bench unit I far prefer a LED or plasma display. LCD is too directional. And of course one which is mains powered, at least as an option. -- *Taxation WITH representation ain't much fun, either....
3
3

Anti RFI ferrite rings - do they work?
When such a ferrite cylinder is slid over shielded cable of a laptop supply cable, ie one conductor housed within a sheathing and the ferrite around the outside of that
12
12

Resistor for neon indicator lamp
I've got a tankless electric water heater from eemax. that stopped working the other day. eemax won't provide any component level support, but I've ordered a new board for $45.00. When I opened up the...
27
27

New Multimeter Purchase
It's time, I need to purchase a new multimeter, home benchwork only. I could work with a autorangeing meter as long as it's not slow. AC, DC, volts, ohms, amps, capacitance ok but I have a cap meter....
19
19

Replacing the FLASH on
Hello About a year ago I asked in about saving games on a GameBoy Advanced (AGB). Aaron J. Bossig explained, that Nitendo went from battery backed up RAM for Flash at some time. There is a FLASH next...

Help identifying some crystals
I work for an electronic component distributor and have an excess inventory of crystals. I'm hoping someone can help me identify them. Our inventory shows them as bing manufactured by MB. The part...
5
5

HP Laptop power supply output plug
Somewhat chewed up, seems to be 7.3mm outside diameter, 9.5mm deep, 5mm inside diameter , about 0.5mm pin but tip recessed 5mm into body, would it be recessed by as much as 5mm ? Number on ps body...
21
21

Call For Manuscripts: International Journal of Signal Processing (IJSP)
Call For Manuscripts The International Journal of Signal Processing (IJSP) is currently accepting original high-quality research manuscripts for publication. The Journal welcomes the submission of...

leds to replace 50 watt halogen in a disco light
simple on this i hope, i have a simple disco light in my games room, a 50 watt halogen light (12 volts i believe) shines onto a parabolic shaped disc covered with coloured mirror tiles, the disc...
5
5

New Project
I want to build a mnemonic memory circuit with stone knives and bear skins.
7
7

Adjusting convergence on Sony Trinitron monitor
Well, I tried cleaning the dust out of my Dell-branded Trinitron tube. In so doing I seem to have knocked the convergence out of whack, even though I was really careful vacuuming around the CRT....
13
13

LCD Monitor problem - pixel over saturated in pictures where colors change
I have an old Sony LCD SDM-S81 that worked fine for me for a couple weeks after I got it used. Today, I found it displaying pictures badly, distorting the colors by seemingly greatly exagerating the...
10
10

Triplett Manuals
Some time ago some one gave a site to download Triplett manuals. I can't seem to find it. Can anyone help? Specifically I need a manual for a Model 310-FET. Thanks, Chuck P.
6
6

Cracked Printed Circuit Board
The corner of the PCB holding the USB port has snapped off the main board. This has rendered my HP printer u/s. I need to reconnect the corner - but how. I thought of drilling small holes in the board...
7
7

A method for cleaning printer fuser rollers
Fuser rollers can develop a band of baked-on toner which is difficult to remove because it is harder than the fuser's PTFE coating. I have developed a cleaning method which has worked well for me so...
1
1