Subject Author Posted Replies

Who says incandescent lamps are dead ?
bob
6

Backpack generator
bob

CRT TV SMPS
I continue to try and repair a CRT TV. The set's main SMPS is a discrete, self oscillating design. The set powers up for a few seconds and then shuts down; I think the Micon controller chip releases...
2
2

3.3V on a 3V device?
I'm wondering if running a 3-volt device (cheap digital camera) on 3.3 volts will hurt it. Yeah, I coulda gotten a 3-volt wall wart to run it, but it was expen$ive. The 3.3V regulator I got was a...
20
20

Which chip is this? 274 E16 L309
Hi, all. In a recently acquired pile of vintage junk (well not all junk, some good pieces!) I found a stick of 12 vintage IC's. They are all 14 pin DIP's marked "274 E16 L309". Does anyone know what...
2
2

Sony PVM-2030 video monitor won't switch to RGB
I've got a matched pair of Sony PVM-2030s here, and for the life of me I can't get either of them to display an RGB signal. A little background: On the back of these things is a 25 pin connector...
2
2

Horizontal Deflection
Doe anyone have a copy of the Horizontal Deflection article by David Sharples in "Electronics World", June 1996?. Thanks
2
2

Increasing the range/output power of a UHF video sender?
I have a UHF audio-video sender unit which I am attempting to use in a house with three floors, in a remote area. The aim being to send the signal from a VCR downstairs in order that a couple of TVs...
7
7

Chemical test for SnPb lead/ RoHS lead-free solder
A chemist gave me enough potassium chromate to have a go. Ground off a few mg from some sheet lead , dropped into some chromate solution and a cloudy yellowish deposit formed in the otherwise orange...
6
6

Yamaha EMX640 mixer amp
As far as I can tell this is the basic form to the power amp - what class is it? and in general terms the operational bounds of the biasing, a lot of diodes? seem to be involved. Equi-spaced font...
5
5

RTC/CMOS Battery Location in WinBook XL2 Laptop
Hi, Note: I am a TV, etc. (not computer) service tech. With limited disassembly of my WinBook XL2 laptop, I was unable to locate the RTC/CMOS battery which needs to be replace. I failed to find this...
4
4

17" Viewsonic LCD monitor
I have a LCD monitor that powers up only when the VGA connector is not plugged in. If I plug in the VGA connector the display lasts only for about 20 seconds the most and then it goes dead. Even the...
11
11

Plopping an outdoor antenna into the attic
Is there a problem letting an outdoor tv antenna sit on the floor joists and insulation of an unfinished attic? As long as the surface is dry, does it matter what supports the antenna? I have a friend...
17
17

Death & Destruction of a Fluke Multimeter
The title says it all really. See what happens when I try to destroy Fluke's new 28-II Multimeter: Dave.
29
29

Sanyo
Hi! I have a Sanyo Mdl DP42848 HD Digital TV that comes on with a great picture for about a second and goes out with the sound staying on, I'm thinking it is the video if & signal board causing it....
1
1