Subject Author Posted Replies

XLR to Minijack Repair
I have two and 1/2 stereo adapters that take mic/line level inputs and match impedance (not sure on this one) to a 8/32" stereo phono jack for a video camera. We suspect that some of the x-formers are...
7
7

Semi OT - Removing antenna mount from car window...
10
10

CHASE GPR4403 Laboratory Receiver Service manual PLEASE (2023 Update)
A plea for HELP. We have a CHASE GPR4403 laboratory test receiver displaying UNCAL on the LCD. The operators manual describes this message as relating to a RF or IF fault. Trawling the web I find that...
6
6

Anyone with a transistor equivalent guide please? 2SD2214
Hi, I'm trying to repair a rather messy bodge job on an audio effects rack unit. The components requiring fixing are all surface mount, including a 2SD2214 transistor which is now obsolete. If anyone...
2
2

Looking for hidden service menu - panasonic DMR-E50
Panasonic DMR-E50 dvd and hard drive recorder I can't seem to locate the hidden menu. I know it exists. I did a search and found incorrect information that states " Press and hold for 5 seconds the...
2
2

Marshall amps , stock fault ? c2003
2003 MG100DFX lost the DFX Small square sub-board with the SM digital stuff on it. Held by 3 plastic standoffs but the "permanent" ends under the main board do not open up under the board as made for...

Structural steel plus plastic technique called ? failure mechanism?
VCR chews tapes because suspension arc for the jockey-wheel/idler/ slip clutch assembly is an arc of plastic moulded over the steel of the chassis. Then has cracked and catches the carrier as it...
4
4

Odd behaviour from battery motor
I made my Curtain Controller 6 years ago based on a motor I stripped from an inexpensive battery-operated screwdriver drill (3V). In general it has worked fine. But for the last year or two it has...
9
9

Re: Willing to Pay for Proper Korg DW-8000 Analog Synthesizer Repair Diagnostic
It's late at night.. :) I see from a second readover that you have already investigated that. Maybe if I look a third time during the day I can figure the rest of it out.
2
2

OT Why is a gyroscope called a gyroscope?
OT Why is a gyroscope called a gyroscope? When it doesn't have a scope.
37
37

Wanted - Schematic MAGNAVOX (FUNAI) CMWV405
Hello all - update info to my previous post with the same subject. I can't seem to find a schematic under the Magnavox model number nor a cross reference to a FUNAI equivalent or chassis. Can anyone...

drag soldering temperatures
Hello all, I just realized that they make hoof tips for my MX500. I occasionally work up projects with SOIC, SSOP, and QFP chips, and while I get good results with a micro tip, I can do better with a...
8
8

SCR dimmer control for portable electric heater??
I have one of those 1500 watt radiator style portable electric heaters. Love it However, rather than the built in thermostat turning the unit OFF?ON every 15 min's or so, I was thinking it would be...
38
38

Wanted VCR schematic Magnavox CMWV405
Hello all - Per the subject line, looking for a copy of the schematic for this VCR. Seems the power supply is partially shutdown and I'm trying to find out where the 5 and 12vdc supplies are derived...
1
1

Anyone need an antique Fluke manual?
Someone donated a bunch of elecronics books to our dumpster today, including a manual for Fluke 8010A/8012A digital multimeters. (Publication date on the manual is August 1978.) If anyone can use this...
9
9