3.5amp 3AG glass fuses required

Hi folk, where in the world can I obtain some 3.5 amp 30mm long 3AG glass fuses, or failing that, where can I get some 3.5 amp fuse wire so I can repair the old ones. They used to make them, so there must be some somewhere. Yours Sincerely,

Phillip Truscott.

Mailto: snipped-for-privacy@tpg.com.au

Reply to
Phillip Truscott

3.5A, 3AGG is now called ACG 3.5

Should be able to find them under this name.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Mark & Phillip-

As I understand it, 3AG and AGC are the same fuse, possibly from two different companies.

Looking in Newark and Allied catalogs, I don't find a fuse in that size package with a 3.5 Amp rating. I do see one in the GMA 5 mm X 20 mm size used in foreign equipment.

I did a Google search on "3.5 agc fuse" and "3.5 3ag fuse" and found a couple of sources for each at the top of the list. You may also check the Buss

or Littelfuse
web site.

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

Go to any electronics parts supplier, and order a box of GMA-3.5FB or the equivalent fuses. If you cannot find a 3.5, a 4.0 should also be good. If the 4.0 blows, then you know for sure that you have a short.

If the fuse is not of a standard length, I would suggest changing the fuse holder.

--

Jerry G.

Phillip Truscott.

Mailto: snipped-for-privacy@tpg.com.au

Reply to
Jerry G.

Wrong size.

3AG 2.5A (now ACG 3.5) is 1.25" by .25", not 5x20 mm.

mz

Jerry G. wrote:

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Sorry for the typo. Obviously, that should read:

Wrong size.

3AG 3.5A (now ACG 3.5) is 1.25" by .25", not 5x20 mm.

mz

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

LMAO !

You *do* realise that about the only place on the planet using inch size fuses still in any quantity is the USA ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

American fuses are probably not that widely available in Australia. They will tend to stock ones to the IEC ( intenational ) specs

Graham.

Reply to
Eeyore

Now try finding that in Australia !

Hint - if you call it 32mm x 6.3 it may help !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Well it is foreign equipment to us.. Just as ours is foreign to you.

- Mike

"Eeyore" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com...

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

I'm entirely used to equipment from all over the planet. Americans do seem to be more parochial in this respect though.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Graham-

Yes. The subject happens to be one of those inch size fuses.

My reference to "foreign" was quoted from the catalog entry. I should have stopped after "GMA 5 mm X 20 mm size"!

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

fuses

1 1/4" fuses are called 32mm by the IEC. They do have an international spec for them actually.

I'm afraid the use of the terminology GMA is 'foreign' to me - lol !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

ANY LittleFuse or Buss fuse --- electronics distributor or wholesaler will have these. Don't you have Bob Smith's Electronics in AU ?

gb

Reply to
g. beat

"g. beat