Subject Author Posted Replies

how hot should a schottky get?
My dvd-dtt unit recently failed to start up. As I suspected, there was a bulged 1000uf 35v cap on the psu secondary so I changed it , and the associated rectifier diode ( a 1N5822) as the pcb looked...
6
6

Toshiba D-R160 DVD recorder, 2009
Probably a generic DVD mechanics question. One motor for sledge , optical deck up/down and drawer open/close. Transported by courier and would not accept DVD when received at the other end - box must...
3
3

Crate 4x12 Speaker Cabinet Partition for Stereo Use Model BV412SB
Would anyone know of a good reason to not install a partition between the left and right pairs, when using the cabinet for a stereo input? As it is now, there is just open space inside the cabinet....
4
4

Those Red/Yellow/Green 3-LED Battery Level Indicator Voltage State Of Charge
Would anyone know where to purchase the small 3-LED battery indicators seen on flashlights or other battery powered items which indicate the condition of the battery? There is a very compact...
17
17

VHIPST600K/-1 Reset IC by Sharp
Randomly resetting a micro. No useful info found TO92 device anyone hazard an idea of spec ? hold off for how long ? Could this be a hybrid construction with some electrolyted device inside. ? A lot...
3
3

Kaypro-II : display video to repair
Hi at all, I bought an old computer with the wishing to make it alive. Itÿs name is Kaypro-II and it has a 9" green phosphor monochrome monitor composed of a LR30477 E39164 TOSHIBA CRT and a printed...
2
2

Good sound; intermittent picture.
Can a tv input signal connection at the input coax connector affect only the picture and not the sound?? I have a 25" Sharp TV, CRT, that often loses its picture, but never the sound. (Other than...
14
14

Fuse size in IBM ThinkPad T22 wallwart power supply
The power supply that goes to the IBM ThinkPad T22 got wet! arcing sounds, zsst! does not work now. Internally found a blown pigtail fuse. plus, [and this does NOT bode well] blackened PCB areas...
18
18

Any TV experts here?
Any TV experts here? I'll post my question if there are! This TV: Sony Bravia KDL 32EX503U
27
27

Hacking APC UPS's "Master/Controlled" Feature?
I just bought two APC ES 750s. The feature set touted on the box cites a "Master" outlet that controls several "Controlled By Master" outlets. My expectation was that the "Controlled" outlets would...
15
15

Klipsch KSW15 fault
I have a Klipsch KSW15 on the bench. The SMPS is fried. Klipsch cannot, or will not supply a schematic, nor the PSU. They will, very kindly, sell me a new plate amp for AUS$437.00! Seems...

Using substitute Ink Cartridges in HP PSC 1315
I have a HP PSC 1315 printer, scanner, copier. The instruction manual and the printer itself say to use 27 or 56 black, and 28 or 57 color cartridges. I have a couple of 21 black and one 22 color...
4
4

Sony BE3D Chassis LED flashes
The standby LED flashes on this TV set continuously.

3mm 1.5V bright LED
Is there such a toy?
7
7

3Ah NiMH AA-size battery problem?
High performance so not thrown away lightly No difference in observed powering performance to its mate bought at the same time. Same DVM loaded battery test after both are charged. Orange MP make if...
1
1