Subject Author Posted Replies

5p5c coiled cord
My mom got a NorTel phone in 1982 that uses 5p5c for the handset cord. Yes, 5-pin modular, when everything else is 4 or 6. I thought I finally found a vendor but he sent me the (usual) 4p4c type (for...

SOurce for right DC power adapters
Seems my mover lost the adapter for a 5" LCD TV. But I have such problems oft'nuf I'd like a source where I can find the right adapter.
1
1

rotary dial cap
I got two rotary phoones from years ago Finally unboxed them Got one working fine, but the second one, I misplaced the rotary dial cap off by one number and cen't get it off again. the hole for "1" is...
3
3

TOP brand power bars phase error
Last weekend, I found out that a TOP brand power bar on my bench had been configured with a switched live wire to the neutral pins of its outlets. This power bar has multi-style plug compatibility,...
12
12

Leaking Electrolytics
Hi all, Using my Peak ESR/Capacitance meter, I was carrying out in-circuit checks on large electros in the linear PSU I've previously mentioned here. I was getting a lot of "in-circuit/leaky" warnings...
46
46

Capacitor Terminals
This cap tested dud across all possible terminal combinations. However, I have to wonder why it's got 5 terminals. Why would you put 5 tags on a capacitor when only two are needed?
6
6

do wirelss printers require wifi
My wireless printer shows up on my debian.ubintu/caelinux and android devices, but they don't seem to know to print to it. Must I get a wifi router?
2
2

Ripple
So - in the case of a linear power supply - the rectified output of the transformer typically goes straight to a big old storage cap for smoothing purposes. My question is: how much ripple should I...
13
13

USB mem to printer
I have a printer with a USB cable connection but not "print from USB" (mem fob) option. Is there a way to print from USB? Is there some cheap device which would allow it?
4
4

Groups no longer supports new Usenet posts or subscriptions. Historical content remains viewable. An updated web-searchable no-login web-search archive that reports a unique URL will need to be...

Re: Yamaha Clavinova w/Rumbling Sound
On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 15:58:16 -0800 (PST), Samuel Oh wrote: Check for degraded adhesive used on pcb assys for vibration defense. Remove it and clean the area with alcohol, anywhere it comes into...

Re: Whirlpool ATF8000FS clothes washer user control board varistor VDR4 identification
The K2759U is a 275 volt MOV (aka VDR - Voltage Dependent Resistor). The full part number is LIKELY S10k275. A probable(*) replacement part is Digikey 495-1433-ND. * = I say probable because that is...
1
1

Kaussmann heat pump.
Hi, A friend has a Kaussmann heat pump in her home. It produces a noticeable but not loud whine. Heated air is dispersed by a centrifugal fan with squirrel cage about 80 cm long x 9 cm diameter. The...

Kaussmann heat pump.
Hi, A friend has a Kaussmann heat pump in her home. It produces a noticeable but not loud whine. Heated air is dispersed by a centrifugal fan with squirrel cage about 80 cm long x 9 cm diameter. The...
3
3

thermal switch
A thermal switch rated 110C/0C - does this mean freezing is required to rest it? Others rated 150C/60C will self-reset at room temp. RL
5
5