Subject Author Posted Replies

Adhesive to hold Speaker crossover components
I'm replacing a couple of capacitors in speaker crossover. The parts have a glue that holds them tight to the PCB, the glue is still a little bit rubbery after 33 years. (Pioneer HPM-700) What can I...
16
16

Daewoo SD3500P VCR+DVD player, 2004
Supposed to be just changing the tray drive belt. Press DVD select button on the front panel, and DVD legend appears in the display, but no sled,tray movement or laser. ovrlay 12V line for 5V VR,...
2
2

Crank up antenna tower question
I just bought a three section 60 ft crank up tower from a guy for 200.00. I plan on cranking this up to about 45 feet and hanging an Alpha Delta inver ted V dipole, (80 through 6 meters) on it. The...
4
4

Does Max mean max signal or max attenuation?
I have a Radio Shack signal Attenuator with F connections on each side. It also says Min and Max and different ends of its rotation. Does Max mean max signal or max attenuation? Testing doesn't seem...
7
7

Repairing a 5 VDC adapter
Uniden BC-GPSK Serial GPS Receiver plugs into the serial port of my Ham Radio. It uses a power adapter built into a 12 Volt lighter plug, that converts 12 Volts DC into 5 Volts DC 1 Ampere. It has a...
7
7

test - ignore
Not seeing any messages the past few days. Not sure why. Mark Z. -- "I can't die until the government finds a safe place to bury my liver."
1
1

x-tronic 4000 hot air station replacement heating element
I have an X-tronic 4000 that burned out it's hot air element (lasted three years, not bad). It shipped with a spare heater which is nice but I'd like to keep one in stock in case this one craps. There...
4
4

USB Flash drive repair
I have a Sandisk 32G USB flash drive that someone has given me in the hope that I might be able to salvage some data off it. Looks like it was in a laptop and jammed against a wall, resulting in...
13
13

Ye canne fix what ye canne test
** Hi all, one thing repair techs dread is being presented with an item for repair that cannot be put under test while in the workshop. Usually, this is because the item requires a missing accessory...
4
4

Clavia Nord Electro 2, keyboard of 2007
Will not reliably switch or stay latched in piano or synth mode via the select switch. I suspect the light action switch is too light. Easy enough to remove the keycover and inspect the phosphor...
1
1

old HP1740A o'scope problem
Hi, Anyone have a list of "usual suspects" with this HP1740A scope when there is no display at all? Front panel lights seem working, but that is all I find so far. Have not opened the case yet,...
7
7

0.75mm pitch ,8pin SOIC package style
Unusual package, I can get hold of the usual 1.25mm pin spacing SMD 8 pin SOIC IC . I might be able to find an exact replacement if I knew the SMD style code for .75mm spacing, normal width of SOIC IC...
2
2

Leo Laporte
I was listening to him yesterday in the car and a guy called in that said he was blind. He was asking questions about using his Apple computer for video editing. That doesn't really add up to me.
5
5

Further MS2000 synthesizer problems
Here's the service manual for reference: I replaced C109 with a 100uF electrolytic temporarily, and also found that the power and ground planes were shorted together. Common mode choke L10-L12 had...
3
3

Electrophysics 7290 IR camera schematic / service manual?
Hi, all, I have one of these nice lead salt vidicon cameras, good from about 700-1900 nm, but it's on the fritz with a blank image. Fiddling with the +300V adjust pot will make the image appear for a...