Subject Author Posted Replies

Does a capital ship sinking actually SUCK a swimmer down to drown?
Is it true (or an urban myth) that a swimmer would be sucked under (presumably to drown) when a capital ship sinks?
48
48

Fluke 73III fluke repair
A couple years ago I bought a Fluke 73III at a yard sale for $20. Such a deal, I thought. Everything seemed good for a short time, then I noticed when the leads were reversed a dc voltage would...
9
9

NUM 750/760 CRT monitor schematic
Hi This also has part number 0216 900 012. An example is here: Does anyone know where I can find _any_ documentation on the beast? Preferably a schematic, but a manual might also put some light on it...
2
2

Not my finest moment....
Ever get a unit torn down completely to replace a part and discover you had ordered a 'similar but different" part instead of the correct one? Or grabbed the wrong unit off the shelf, tore it down...
5
5

UPS
So what is a recommended UPS based on lack of repair experience? Say around 1000W and say around $150 new. --- news:// - complaints: ---
4
4

Looking for eeprom F25L32QA
This has an ESMT logo and F25L32QA on one line and D301W on another. Googling only returns hits for programmers that can read and write to it, but no place to buy and no info for a sub. Anybody have...
10
10

UPS Battery Replacement
Replacing an APC UPS battery pair labeled CP1290 12V 9AH. The unit has two confusing labels: on front is XS1500 and on back is BX1500. Was this a transition unit, insides BX1500? Need recommendations...
9
9

Golden Rules of Troubleshooting
Anyone care to share their experience on the correct approach to troubleshooting? I'll kick off by suggesting: 1. Assume nothing. Perhaps we can assemble a list of golden rules....
66
66

Marguerite Sound Studios, 1930s/40s UK, any info
Had another go at trying to identify an "LP" sized disc I picked up somewhere. I found this reference "?Direct Cut Acetate? a system that used a cellulose acetate medium coated onto an aluminium disc...
18
18

need a source and information on a 288-5336 audio amplifier IC
I have two audio amplifier modules I scrapped out of an 8 track player many years ago. I use these to amplify the headphone outputs of two PRC77 mili tary radios tuned to six meters, so that I can...
2
2

lazy repair
One of my test power supplies in a rather large switching unit from Power One in the SPM5 series. It's basically a mainframe of sorts with power factor correction, timing and a fan on the backplane...

Replace Li-Ion cells in battery pack?
have an 18V 2.4AH battery pack for Ryobi power tools that will no longer take a charge and that the charger indicates is defective. I've taken it apart and found that it has five pairs of cells that...
17
17

recommend lunch with contractor(s)?
I guess bar-b-que, burgers, fried chicken and french fries are great, but n ot if you are wearing a buttoned-up shirt that day. So, if you have to eat lunch with a client and other contractors in a...
15
15

Aiwa PAL and NTSC VHS horizontal bars
An Albanian gentleman asked me to check this for him because he has lots of tape from home, and I don't have a clue about multi system VCRs. It's an Aiwa multi system VHS model HV-MX1. It auto selects...
6
6

Boss RE20 Space Echo effects pedal
The DSP works giving a spacey output but only when the Intensity control is at 3/4 to full, so too much, and straight through input sound component very low level. Straight through, effects off, is...
5
5