Subject Author Posted Replies

Seeking Opinon on EPROM Problems
I have a bunch of the same units now that I kinda work for factory service. These are Karaoke machines which are modified CD/DVD players. I get like three different symptoms on certain models. OK...
7
7

Bugs in the machine.
Would a bit of napthalene mothball keep spiders and other small creepy crawlers out of the warmth of an always-on, so warm, bit of kit, or any better ideas to keep bugs out of there. Bose AWRC3G CD...
5
5

Annoying TV disturbance
I have recently become aware (bothered by) what appears to be a line moving up across the TV screen. The TV is a Samsung 4K with HDMI input, and the line that moves up the screen appears to be a...
8
8

BBC: Blackberry the only phone provider who won't allow government monitoring
If its Blackberry, then which government? State? Federal? The UN, maybe? China, Iran or Russia or Israel?

glass epoxy ?
recommend a glass epoxy for cracked halogen light covers ?
9
9

Diffferent techniques in troubleshooting
I remember working for a company that imported cheap radios. I took my seat with the other 20 or so techs repairing radios. Most quotas were in the 20 range while I was only repairing 3 or 5 radios a...
25
25

Dell Model PP18L, Lattitude D630 laptop will not recognize hard drive
Hi guys. I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me with this. I was w atching a video yesterday on my laptop and three quarters through the scree n just froze. It wouldn't respond to anything. I...
5
5

Baffled by cordless tool problem
I have a Milwaukee 12v cordless jig saw. It was working fine then stopped, dead. Then started again, with no symptoms. It did this back & forth a few times, then stayed dead. It never stopped while...
14
14

Calculator button not working
Hi all, I have an elderly Casio scientific calculator (fx-3400p) which I've owned since new in 1991 (so I'm quite attached to it). Lately, the numeral '2' key has become a bit flaky inasmuch as every...
20
20

Huge archive of manuals
There appears to be several hundred gigabytes of manuals! Have fun!
20
20

capacitor across an AC line
I know that a capacitor does not consume any power if connected across an AC line except for a small ammount , but lets just say a pure capacitance. I was playing around with a meter similar to the...
2
2

Hysteresis on the Honeywell old-style bulb thermostat
How does the hysteresis work on the Honeywell old-style bulb thermostat? My house has two of those tan round things, with a dial that has only two indicators. 1. The desired temperature on top,...
46
46

Ribbon cable (hp g60 laptop)
Some ribbon cables push in and pull out. Power/ wireless button cable on the above is held in the socket by a black latch. Unfortunately I tried pulling and broke the latch. Suggestions? TIA Jon
1
1

Review of my home broadband router logs (suspicious activity?)
Does this activity found accidentally in my home broadband wireless router log seem suspicious to you? Here is a screenshot of the suspicious log entries: When "I" log into my router, I see a line...
73
73

how would you use an oscilloscope to measure a sine wave?
There is an old paper where a musician claims to have used an oscilloscope to measure a particular trumpet tone and proved it was a pure sine wave. T here is no date available but probably late 50s,...
27
27