Subject Author Posted Replies

EVOX 142 Phone
My daughter's apartment building uses an EVOX 142 series 2-wire intercom system. She would like to have in her apartment an old style "retro" bell system phone. (A few others in the building...

Headphone socket on laptop?
Acer laptop with combo headphone/mic socket. The tip of a 3.5m stereo jack has detached inside the socket and it's cutting off the speakers. If I put the headphone jack with the missing tip back in...
8
8

Capacitor Venting
Hi all, I'm returning to the scope smps I was working on some time ago before fitting a new bathroom intervened. I've removed the smps board from the scope for testing purposes. On cranking up the...
34
34

what is the difference btn -48volts and 48volts power supply?
l wish to know the difference between negative 48 volts and the normal 48 volts. Also l will be glad if a could have a circuit for a regulated -ve 48 volts power supply at 3A. thanks
12
12

Replacement for tropical fish caps
Hi all, Given that NOS TF caps seem to be increasingly hard to come by, is there a modern equivalent type that can satisfactorily replace them with a similar footprint & pinout? I'm specifically...
9
9

1 inch speaker problem
Nastly little magnetic tweeter/mids ? As a 47uF NP cap is over one, for mid? Anyway nasty buzzing overtone as though a bit of steel swarf or staple has got on the cone of a larger speaker. These...

Baker AWA12000 - Advanced Winding Analyzer III - tips
If you have one of these the first thing to do is to check the lithium battery - time to replace it if not done in the last ten years. I found an easy way to extract the computer card by first...

Tek 2225
After putting in a truckload of electrolytics to get rid of ripple in the r ace I have some residual noise in X 10 mode. I am wondering if it might be almost normal. In normal the trace is nice and...
3
3

Not sure if I need a fuse
I have a insignia NS-39D400NA14.got good sound,tv comes on but the picture is only showing a blue screen with some faded lines through it
2
2

Immersion heater.
Thinking ahead just in case it blows............... The issue is length - I could measure the outside dimensions of the tank, but without taking the element out there's no guarantee there's no...
10
10

JBL Radial Ipod speaker dock, how to get inside?
Removed the 2 sub base eye shaped pieces and loads of screws. The two leg struts will separate with a blade but the split extends no further with the size of blade I'm (so far) prepared to lever with,...

TIP: long stem, blind, snap rivet reuse.
For holding, through grommets, reverb tank to steel chassis, so not the usual small ones for DSP boards etc. You cannot reinsert, blind, as the 4 splay bits are permanently splayed out. Find a metal...
1
1

Re: Key contact restoration
Google for "mold your own rubber parts" or "cast your own rubber parts". Lots of lousy videos on YouTube on how to mold rubber parts. I use Plaster of Paris for the mold, Devcon Flexane 94 Liquid...
15
15

Baker AWA12000 - Advanced Winding Analyzer III - trying to archive hard drive
I have a customers AWA12000 in the shop and found the first problem - a bad lithium battery - however when I have tried to archive the hard drive I find that the Baker software won't run on any of my...
4
4

Advice on probe and leader connectors
Just getting back into the electronics hobby after 50 years. (Tube era, fixing old Emerson TVs). Have scope, signal generator VOM etc. Hobby includes Arduino, breadboard transistor circuits, 555...
1
1