Subject Author Posted Replies

Sansui QRX5500 receiver protection circuit problem
This is my own receiver. For the past couple of months I've started to noti ce that the time it was taking for the protection relay to activate was len gthening from around three seconds to a bit...
3
3

Engine Management Units
Hi guys, I have an EMU from a Land Rover which just suddenly failed one day without warning as I was driving down the road. I was wondering if there's any possibility of fixing it, given that...
77
77

Makita cordless drill charger....dc18ra
I've burnt out the vdr1 01 and I'm wondering where I may be able to get another one from or if I can bypass it as I know the reason to the overload in power...?

Copper wire instead of fuses?
Here's something I've not seen before. A Power Amplifier has binding posts which you are supposed to solder wire between, instead of fuses. This is on the low voltage power supply. The wire fuses go...
17
17

Gibson Les Paul classic of 2013
Firstly "classic" moniker with battery and J202 FET inside? Unless I've misread the mini-pcb tracery , the boost switch is DPDT using 2 seriesed switch actions for increased unreliability? I would...
12
12

Why are capstan wheels different size?
Oh, smarter-than-I people, The 2 belt-drive capstan flywheels in an auto-reverse cassette mechanism are different sizes. (Motor drive pulley will be in the small loop end of the belt in illustration...
59
59

1969 Delco Car Radio Saga
This might be of interest to some. My neighbor down the block is restoring a 1969 GM pick-up truck, and brought me the vintage radio from it to see if I could do anything with it. He had *NO* interest...
18
18

Ungar 9911 soldering iron info?
I have an Ungar 9911 soldering iron handpiece without the controller. Looks new. I thought it would be trivial to build a temperature controller. I can make it hot. There is some PTC going on as the...
18
18

My Toshiba Laptop comes on briefly and goes off.
Pls My Toshiba laptop Statellite C855-S5356, When switched on boots up to t he bios stage then the screen will change to some multi-checker boxes (as i f using a scratched DVD in a DVD player)then the...
8
8

Chip in e-cigarette battery.
The manufacturer may have slipped up on the house coded chip. In one unit the chip was marked; 3417WA, in the other it was marked; Esmoke33716M. Its probably going to be hard getting Google to find...
17
17

HDMI to baseband AV converter
My son's dog ripped an AV cable out of his TV leaving the video and two audio RCA connectors broken off in the set. I looked at it and it does not seem feasible to try to remove them. Although that...
3
3

Neutrik Combi / cheap jack plug problem
Hmm, this might be a problem. Have come across a couple of cases now where a cheap jack plug has become stuck in a Neutrik combi socket. It looks like the cheap jack plug tips are not quite as rounded...
16
16

Printer roller rejuvenator recommendation?
Looking for roller rejuvenator that you can recommend (ie, have used). Not Google results? I?ve seen several brands, but it?s hard to judge from a distance. One personal recommendation beats a hundred...
20
20

Philips shaver
Hello, I need a part from Philips (shaver HQ6890). It is the power control board. It is no more available. If someone has this part, please help me. I have a recurring problem of recharging the...
3
3

Source for belts?
for refurbishing a tape deck, I need some belts. I googled a few places but nothing very inspiring (not a great selection). Anybody have a source they like and use? (If you?re just going to Google,...
33
33