Subject Author Posted Replies

IcePower 200ASC amp module
Hi, can't find any schematics for this module - its a Bang & Olufsun combined SMPS/Class D audio amp PCB. The one I have has the exact same fault as this one: Blown cap (presumably), but no way of...
25
25

Behringer GMX1200H guitar amp, 2011 (?)
Stock fault ? Phones o/p but no sp o/p. Both pcb traces to the main bridge rects fried. 2xLM3886 seem ok cold DVM "test". Both main caps good ESR and capacity, diodes test ok. Both main caps bowed...
2
2

Need Recharge education
I have 13 chest type freezers, a couple of upright freezers and a two Ice Machines having to do with my business. The freezers are not always in use, so are shut off until needed. I have one or two...
3
3

Wow & Flutter Meters
So, hoped to have left all this mechanical error measurement stuff behind me back in the 80's but I guess with the renewed interest in vinyl its all coming out of the woodwork. Leader LFM=3610 W&F...
16
16

Help identifying connector
(The images of the plug are stills from a video. I don?t have it in my possession.) The header measures approx.: pin dia: 0.6 mm,0.024 in spacing: 3.85 mm, 0.152 in How can I identify the type of...
4
4

LG DVD Player Won't Turn Off
5 year old BP620 used primarily for streaming media. Long ago the WiFi became flakey so I used an old router as an AP and plugged into the ethernet port. Worked fine for several years. Now the wired...
2
2

Sony CRT TV not switching on
I have got a Sony Wega Flat CRT TV ? KV-AR21M83. One day its pictur e gone bad. Before this it never gave problem. Its picture started to give disturbance, coloration problem, colour bleeding and also...
21
21

Could this be power supply related?
I have a computer with a funky power supply. It won't turn on until something in it is warm enough. I have ordered another but a new problem has cropped up in this computer. The monitor said there was...
8
8

LM317 Votage Regulator Instability?
Hi all, I'm having serious difficulty trying to get this issue resolved and was wondering if anyone here has come across the same problem. I've got a linear PSU that uses a LM317 (TO-220 case) to drop...
40
40

Extech DC clamp meter, large DC offset developed.
Just got a Extech 845 , 1000 amp AC/DC clamp with a basic DMM on it and IR.. I used the DC amp once, it worked.. put the meter away, next day used it again. As soon as I select DC amps now, it shows a...
11
11

Laptop power socket/plug problem
Been in there and resoldered , still intermittant. Don't think its a break inside the power lead. Seems to be in an annular sense, if the line "plug" lays in one "o'clock" angle then contact breaks....
5
5

replacing 12v halogens with LEDs?
I have been having severe problems with 12v halogen "spot"lights. My Satco strip seems to blow its individual internal mini-transformers behi nd the bulb about every other time the bulb blows. I also...
15
15

Deoxt
I have not used it but just bought a spray can of Deoxit. From reading about it, it seems to be the greatest stuff for cleaning contacts. I have an old Tectronix Scope 465B that one chanel has a...
40
40

Debug advice Kenmore coldspot 106-59422801 stopped refrigerating
Debugging advice requested. I have never debugged a refrigerator in my life. I never even looked at the back of one before. 2010 Sears Kenmore coldspot 106-59422801 refrigerator/freezer just stopped...
192
192

Mains hash problem
UK, 240V low power practise amp with 2 wire cable and no earth wire. Loud mains hash but finger touch the metal chassis and mains hash noise goes. To a lesser extent of noise reduction , touching...
6
6