Subject Author Posted Replies

Why would iOS be safer from spying than a well setup Android phone?
Why would iOS be safer from spying than a well setup Android phone? What can Google possibly latch onto to spy on our Android actions? Specific things only. Not Marketing crap please. The iOS guys are...
52
52

Garage door opener puzzle
Trying to find out why operation is erratic, I measured the voltage across the hard-wired pushbutton in the garage. The button is illuminated by a red LED, which is in series with a 1k resistor across...
3
3

Pool Pilot DIG-220 chlorine generator repair
Two years ago the DIG-220 salt water generator for our pool started acting up. The two line VFD display was displaying gibberish although the unit st ill functioned & generated chlorine. I got lucky...

Nintendo 3DS XL only works when the battery is not fully charged
My nephew's Nintendo 3ds has this problem. One night he connected the charger and the next morning the console was dead. No response whatsoever, totally bricked. Today I had time to try to repair the...
7
7

WiFi sensitivity question for Jeff Liebermann & anyone well versed in antennas
In your experience with *both* Android & iOS mobile devices, have you also found the iOS devices severely lacking in WiFi sensitivity (resulting in dropped connections when Android devices are still...
49
49

Grandata, Wembley ,UK folded ?
Component supplier, filler page for website this week also known as Mojazzle Ltd K P House / Unit 15 Pop In Buildings, South Way, Wembley, Middlesex HA9 0HB No response to emails on failure to deliver...
5
5

Samsung B2240 LCD Repair
Hi, I have two B2240 LCD Monitors and second monitor displays very strange. Eve rything on monitor has yellow shadow. First monitor works perfect. I replac ed power supply, LCD panel and processor...

Laptop repair
I have a Dell i7 lappy sitting in my closet for several months that seems completely dead. No lights when plugging in AC adapter, no response to the power switch, nothing. The AC adapter has tested...
2
2

digelec 824 manual? (2023 Update)
Hi all, another repair, another need: does anyone have the manual (user or whatever) of the digelec 824 (E)EPROM programmer? I could do without schematic, but I'd need at least to know how it's...
8
8

W10 PC slower than 8MHz 286/W3.11FWG!
Originally W10 upgrade on W7 - that fell over after about a month. A clean ground up install isn't much better................... When W10 imploded - I couldn't repair, re-install or anything. The...
6
6

Marshall JTM 1982 of 2007,PbF
As though a thermal protect measure is cutting in falsely, but all valve. 10 minutes at gig level, longer at practise level, initially looses bass and then over a couple of minutes vol drops to...
14
14

Philips PM-5508
Hi all, I'm repairing this old PAL test pattern generator. The worst problem is mechanic so far: all the presets push-buttons for VHF and UHF are blocked. I have removed the whole RF generator...
4
4

strange cable?
A friend gave me what looks like a network cable, with a modular plug with 8 slots, but the only ones with wires are slots 1,2,3 and 6. What is this cable meant for?
4
4

Is it theorectically or practically even possible to mooch off if a typical WISP
Is it theorectically or practically even possible to mooch off if a typical WISP In the iPhone newsgroups, a typical Apple Fundamentalist assumed I mooch off of my SF Bay Area Santa Cruz Mountain WISP...
12
12

Diagnose Inverter motor dirve - aircon unit
Hi all, I have an aircon unit that failed. Fault code 'PU' says the capacitor charging circuit failed, this is confirmed by checking the voltage at the three large electrolytic caps which show 43vdc,...
4
4