Subject Author Posted Replies

mag-lev-turntable
So is this for real, or a kickstarter designed to cheat me out of my hard-earned money? Brooklyn-Baltimore Guy
36
36

73.3824MHz crystal
Why can't I find, and why did Eventide use, a 73.3824MHz crystal to drive the Master Clock in the H3000 series? Cuh. Gareth. H3000 - Eventide Audio
4
4

PupDup
Our website is the best place to watch your favorite shows lets you to watch and download free episodes anytime and enjoy browsing.

Sorting out thwarted network connection.
The objective is to add a laptop running XP-SP3 to an empty socket on the VM hub. There are several possible causes - I don't know which one/how many are stopping the gubbins up. VM may not allow XP...
1
1

Speed control adjustment causes drill motor to stop
I have one of those small bench top drill presses. It stopped starting a w hile back. So I figured it's probably all gunked up inside and just needed a good clea ning and lube, at least it's worth a...
4
4

Fan problem
Regular 2 wire 12V , 0.14A brushless fan. At some point in its history something has been rubbing against the interior part of the impellor. Not these days, perhaps dislodged and blown out through the...
12
12

OTA TV reception problems
I tried posting something about this in the past but got no response. I'm h oling that this time someone might read it who may have a theory as to what could be going on. I live in southern New...
39
39

capacitance meter
I have a cheap Chinese capacitance meter with 3 lead sockets: "CX-" & 2 "CX+". One CX+ is labeled "200mA fused" and the other "MAX 36VDC". Neither of these labels make any sense to me & I don't...
3
3

Replacement laptop ps connection ?
Erratic connection, not bad solder problem to pcb, internal failure probably loss of plating contact surface. Seems pointless trying to replace original dual concentric "socket", bound to be...
5
5

Need help diagnosing laser printer
I have an HP Laserjet 4MP. Something went haywire in the toner cartridge and dumped toner. I cleaned it out and replaced the toner cartridge and it sorta worked. Had some background artifacts, but I...
5
5

SMPS inductor clone
OK, so I want to clone this inductor, L9. It is wound on a ETD29 former, I have counted the turns and the wire gauge. What I don't know is the core material. There are several types available. (The...
8
8

Mark Bass amps
I assume this will become a generic problem as they age. A dropper in the fan supply line is R67 of value 150R, barely 2W size perhaps 1.5W. On the schematic it is marked as 150R 5W. The relay dropper...
7
7

Black mica?
Anyone ever seen this before? Basically clear mica but with black smokey looking intrusions, something geological in the way of tar/bitumen leeching into the cleaving planes?
7
7

Powering up old stuff that's not been run for several years
I don't think any of us here would take some semi-ancient item of electronic equipment of unknown provenance and just plug it in the mains socket and switch on. We know from experience or elsewhere...
8
8

Inexpensive replacement for these garage flourescent lights?
What do you think, honestly, of this idea? Costco has supposedly "universal" LED replacement tubes: The price is currently $7.70 per tube: So I bought 16 of these reputedly "universal" LED tubes: At...
48
48