Subject Author Posted Replies

Best laptop battery care
We have several laptops that are rarely used. As best I can find, it is fatal to a Li Ion battery to go completely dead, and that has often happened on our laptops. Three of our relatively new laptops...
7
7

Studiomaster powerhouse vision 12
Hi, I received this desk in bits, literally, in a huge bag and have slowly been rebuilding it. There were a number of different revision boards probably from other studiomaster desks in the bag also....
8
8

Way OT Refrigerator
I do not know where to post this but there are plenty of smart forgiving folks here. My refrigerator occasionally pees water on the floor. I cannot figure out where it is coming from. It has a freezer...
12
12

Bose model CD-3000 Acoustic Wave Radio. The serial number is AW110AU 176614. Manufactured in 1997.
Hello All, I'm new to this group. The above radio has a problem with AM reception. Signal strength is variab le from unusable to normal listening volumn. I suspect the sanyo LA1851N a m fm radio ic. I...

Advice requested from those of you who have successfully checked camber at home
Practical advice (helpful hints & suggestions) requested from those of you who have successfully checked camber at home (to sufficient accuracy). If you have never checked your automotive alignment...
125
125

TIP: Reinserting non-zero force insertion ribbon back into sockets
Not owning the proper long nose , parallel soft jaw , pliers for this job. I've always reinforced the plastic strip with some fabric mesh upholstery tape, wrapped around plastic strip and extending...

Technics SU-Z55 transformer
Hi all, I have on the bench a Technics SU-Z55 with a faulty transformer. First of all, does anyone have a copy of the service manual? I've been able to only find the schematic. The transformer appears...
15
15

How can I analyze an audio download to see WHERE the distortion is coming from?
How can I analyze an audio download to see WHERE the distortion is coming from? This is technical qustion in that I'm trying to understand why under one circumstance the sound is fine while on the...
1
1

ipad 2 charges (slowly) but wont connect to itunes
Does anyone have any experience on this please? Does it usually tend to be 'replace the port'? or does slow charging make it the infinitely scarier 're-solder the connections on the motherboard' on...
6
6

Defective male power connector on computer speakers
I have an inexpensive pair of powered computer speakers. I didn't pay much for them. but they have worked pretty well for the last year or so. All of a sudden they became touchy and would not turn on,...
13
13

How long does it take a microwave oven to warm up?
How long does it take a microwave oven to warm up? I often cook things that take maybe 7 or 8 seconds. Maybe if they're really small they take 5 but it's hard to know in advance and I really dislike...
31
31

Need schematic Technics SA-918
This is for a good customer who wants this toilet fixed for sentimental rea sons (so he says). It has a shorted STK4152II that's putting the -Vcc on t he speaker terminal on one side, the other side...
3
3

Composite video from an older laptop?
I have an old Dell Lattitude D630 laptop. Is there a way to come out of the VGA jack on the back of my laptop and somehow end up with composite or S v ideo out? I tried an adapter that my son said he...
9
9

Dell Vostro 3560 no power :'(
Hello everyone, My problem is i flashed unfortunately bios bigger than chip size ( yes i know im rly idiot) :/ then laptop shutdown suddenly in prosses with little power i mean the mouse i have is RGB...

Mesa Boogie Mk4 design shennanigans
This is a bit strange, never noticed it before. The Mesa Boogie Mk4 has a switch for "Tweed", or "Full Power". Basically a PSU voltage drop for reduced power output. I had one in that just would not...
10
10