Subject Author Posted Replies

Follow-up on woofer repair
Maybe you remember the thread where I asked about repairing the woofer that I found behind the rear seat of the convertible. I think I asked about the 4 wires going to the sound coil. One of the wires...

Sony Blu-Ray Player issue FIXED!!!
I had purchased a Sony Blu Ray player a few months ago so I can stream Hulu and Youtube Videos on my Plasma TV. Recently my player would freeze randomly during Youtube videos which required unplugging...
7
7

Where can I get a FREE schematic for a Hallicrafters SX-99?
Where can I get a FREE schematic for a Hallicrafters SX-99? Yes, I have googled, and all I keep finding are very small ones, paid ones, or those $^&%&* sites that promise a free one but do nothing but...
3
3

Using a Variac for starting an old tube set
I have an old tube set that I want to fire up, but know this stuff can be unpredictable, especially with old caps. I recently bought a variac (variable voltage transformer). But I have never used one...
26
26

DVDR declares January leap month.
DVDR declares January leap month. Not really January, more like February 8, and not really adding a day, but subtracting one. Somehow, my Philips DVDR decided today was tomorrow, or at least Saturday....
5
5

Re: [FoxNews]A small town's sudden power surge fried tech gear in hundreds of homes
The top line running down my street is 7200 volts. Maybe that's because I live in a rural area. It seems high to me but the guy from PSE told me that it is not unusual, at least where I live. Eric
1
1

Is there any way to adjust this?
My friend gave me an digital VOM, and DC voltages in the 2 volt range read 14% high. Is there any way to adjust this? Or, is there ever a way to adjust this? No schematic is available, I'm pretty sure...
23
23

Miller aerowave not working, amps set to HIGH value and cannot change
My coworker has a Miller Aerowave TIG welder. It did work previously. Now it does not work. The amps display shows a very HIGH number that cannot be adjusted with amperage knob. It does weld at that...
4
4

need help with azus motherboard- AT31ont-1
doesnt boot up, nothing on screen. cmos battery was stone dead, replaced. doesnt even get a bios screen, nothing. this one has an azus AT31ont-1 boa rd, 1 gig ram. it has a flash drive for operating...
2
2

Kodi device not seen by Denon Receiver
I switched receivers from an Onkyo to a Denon 3313CI, and the Denon does not seem to see my little Kodi device. If the Kodi is connected to the receiver when the Kodi powers up, I can see the very...
7
7

LASOS HeNe module: LGK 7654-15 specs?
Hello, I have recently acquired an LGK 7654-15 laser head from ebay. It was manufactured in 2007 and looks to be in excellent condition. Unfortunately it came without a power supply. It does produce...
7
7

Impossible to undo pcb screws, never had this one before
I suspect they deliberately used non-matching threads,ie cross-threaded, despite disassembly ideograph of a screw on the pcb overlay and red nail-varnish anti-shake lock. Even 2 minutes of soldering...
6
6

Digital Thermostat Quit Working
Last night it began getting cold in my house. I went to the thermostat and found out the Digital readout was blank. I pushed the UP button and the furnace did not turn on. I popped it off the wall and...
24
24

Finding 100A TVS diode?
BZW6-26, 26v TVS unidirectional diode, through-hole, obsolete, n/a. The original datasheet says that the 600W peak pulse power is measured over 10/1000 uS waveform, but the 100A forward surge current...
2
2

TV not receiving Channel 2
Toshiba LCD TV Model 22C1004, made in Nov 2010. This has been a great TV, with lots of extra features that other small TV's don't have. All of a sudden, channel 2.1 and 2.2 are not coming in. The...
11
11