Subject Author Posted Replies

Annual Spring Cautionary Post - 2017
OK - This is opposite-season to our participants south of the Equator, but despite (at least) one very noisy individual, they are still a small minori ty. It is also written to the vintage radio...

Desktop PC power supply
I have an old PC that recently lost its PS. An identical one was hard to find, but I didn't know the PC's power requirements, so I couldn't use a generic PS. I should say that I thought I couldn't use...
23
23

How to disassemble Shure SM58 with wireless UT2 transmitter.
I have an intermittent Shure wireless UT2 mic/transmitter. The user said that tapping on the mic when it wasn't working would restore its operation but now even that doesn't help. I would like to have...
15
15

Need *legible* datasheet
Looking for a datasheet for an O2micro device OZ9908BGN This is a 32 pin DIP SMD package. There are datasheets on-line but all of them are so low resolution that the pin callouts cannot be read. I've...
7
7

Have you ever needed to know if you're Edge/HSPA/HSPA+ and PSC?
I was hiking today and my phone switched from reporting EDGE and then HSPA and then HSPA+ when I started wondering what practical significance to a user these terms might be. Have you ever needed to...
3
3

Tariffs and Taxes on China orders from Ebay.
I said I would not order anything from China or anywhere outside of North America. But I placed an order today for some chassis mount RCA phone jacks, from China. Now I am sort of worried..... I want...
20
20

How I brought my cellular signal from -100dBm to -53dBm at home
Just in case you want this information, I was able to bring my cellular signal from -100 dBm to -50dBm at home using these three free devices from the carrier: I used my Android phone to check exactly...
7
7

Numbering/lettering of tubes (USA type).
I have yet to find a decent chart which explains the reason for the numbers/letters used on tubes. (For USA tubes). There seems to be more online for european tubes. For example: 6L6 tube. the first...
12
12

Will RF output (transmitter) be the same wattage as audio output?
I was looking at some old 813 tubes that were once commonly used for Amateur radio transmitters, as the final output tube. While the common audio output tubes like 6L6 and 807 can produce about 25 to...
25
25

Jitter on locked horizontal part of image - B&W transistorized TEC monitor
I have an older monitor from a video game - and it has a jitter on the horizontal lines on the screen (vertical is locked), yet I don't see this jitter on the H Sync. Using a signal generator...
8
8

Is the wattage linear on a wirewound adjustible resistor?
While looking at resistors on ebay, to use as an 8 ohm speaker load, I developed a question. There is a 25 ohm 25 watt wirewound resistor with adjustible slider. In other words, the two ends of the...
9
9

PCB labeled in Chinese
I ordered a small amplifier board on ebay. It's just a PCB with components, making a ready to go low powered audio amplifier, complete with a volume control. It has three screw terminal blocks to...
4
4

Do I still need to stock a crossover (Ethernet) cable anymore?
Today I tried to hook up a Rocket M2 as a super powerful (miles) Wi-Fi extension for my home router, when the POE light went out whenever I plugged in the power cable. Huh? Turns out it's a crossover...
11
11

does a fake LOPT even exist?
Hi all, I'm trying to keep an old TV alive, it's an old 14CT2306/20S from Philips and it's the only think that fits into a furniture space in my parent's house, so that will not be replaced. I'm...
9
9

Roland JX 3P synth, 1983
Stored indoors for some years and then powering up, missing notes and some top panel sw functions missing. full sm here same 2 notes ,not each octave , but as keyboard is scanned as 8x8 matrix keys 8n...
20
20