Subject Author Posted Replies

Fun things to do with LCD TV display bits?
The fancy plastic sheets for distributing the lamp light, microprism sheet etc. A thunder-sheet sound-effect "machine" for am-dram is one. A fancy lamp-shade?

20,000 Watt, 5000 Lb Stereo Amplifier (Only $50,000).
FROM: Now, ***THIS*** is what I call a SOUND SYSTEM !!! (For STEREO, you'll need 2 of these) Total audio output power (for two amps), 20KW. Tube filaments operate 6 volts @ 60 amps (each tube) Weight...
14
14

Blank RF Probe tips
Do any companies sell those blank RF probe tubes with metal tips? I recall back in the 60s you could buy the entire probes with internal parts as kits. They came with the same basic "shell" but had...
35
35

Where to find schematic for XAM Model 200 amp?
I just picked up a XAM model 200 amplifier. It was cheap, and I thought it would be a nice small and simple amp for computer speakers. It's nothing fancy, just a basic amp with bass, treble, balance...
6
6

Scott LK150
I am looking for a clean copy of the original assembly manual for a Scott LK150. The unit I have was assembled with Kynar wire, I would like a do-over. Thanks in advance. Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA
2
2

Using magnets with tiny SMD devices - any electronic concerns?
At the moment only diodes , but what about more sophisticated stuff? Required a way of holding 2 of the tiniest (2mm long dimension) SMD devices in registration , to solder together . Used a 6 pole...
18
18

Eyephones, Earphones . . . . :)
A young guy was bragging to some guys that he just got a brand new I-phone. One of the guys replied, "you got an eyephone", and I have an earphone. That's when an older guy walked up and said, "I got...
3
3

Re: Looks like the floor of my step fathers, my mother had it installed by her ex. Searching for my full name in gogle images after focebook resutls. What does it mean? Don't associate with my name please.
Did you mean "flaw"? Mike.

Samsung S5 earphonr jack
the S5 female was bent out by the dealer. Is there an insert or DIY fix for too large females ?
10
10

You probably don't know the answer but what allows WiFi scanning anyway?
SUMMARY: What service is it that does the Wi-Fi scanning on Android anyway? DETAILS: You probably don't know the answer but what allows WiFi scanning anyway? In the past few weeks I changed so many...
44
44

Rigol DS1054 LF common-mode aberation
Looking at Low-Frequency noise on a 60Hz power supply, using a Rigol DS1054 and not getting very far. One puzzling issue is, when ch3 or ch4 scope probe grounds are connected to a common 0V reference...
6
6

Re: Amplifier transistor substitution.
I'm x-posting this to a more appropriate forum, Sylvia, the guys there will be better able to assist you with this...
6
6

Power switch is erratic on receiver
I picked up a used Koss HH375 receiver at a Goodwill store. It's purpose is to power some speakers for my computer's sound. Although this is no high powered amplifier, it does the job, and sounds 100...
16
16

inverter refrigerators
l have come across quite a number of refrigerators that has inverter for it s compressor motor these days. The problem is these compressors will not wo rk when connected to 50 or 60HZ mains. Please...
6
6

Strange laptop PS behavior
I have a used Dell Inspiron 5558 laptop, which didn't come with an OEM power supply. I picked up a 65W "universal" type for it off Amazon, and it's showing some weird behavior. First problem is that...
14
14