Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Advice on iPhone for friend
In , JF Mezei suggested: That is a reasonable statement. But is it correct? I only speak facts. And I'm very reasonable since I'm a logical thinker. Most iOS users appear to be so inextricably...
1
1

W10 imploded again.
Anyone know what to type into the server entry in WLM2009? Its virginmedia but the email address is an old Thanks for any help.
5
5

Re: Pre-war capacitor
I've a few boxes full of oil/paper metal-cased capacitors I could test for comparison purposes if needs be, Tabby, but I've added s.e.r in case some kind soul there will know the answer off the top of...
4
4

Need a smoke machine
Anyone have a good idea for making a smoke machine? My car is 15 years old, and the buna is getting old and tired but they don't make a single kit of all the rubber parts which would be the easy way...
11
11

Employer Mens Room Hand Dryer Hard-starting
Here is link to unit like ours, for sale: Issue: Dryer blower in mens room startsup only after multiple presses of button, or, strong slam of button or two. What is causing it to not start after one...
6
6

Antenna rotator question
Customer wants a complete TV antenna with a rotor installed. I used to do a lot of these so that's no problem. However the catch is that depending on where they feel like hanging out he wants to...
34
34

speaker wire to RCA phono connector-- can this be used for power purposes too?
I see these all over Ebay: They might be perfect for a project I have, except I want to use them to transfer power of around 12 VDC @ 1 amp between components. Will these connectors work for that, or...
6
6

Options for shorted transformer
I have a transformer shorted from pri to sec for an industrial CNC machinin g center. It's in an Aartac type 921A power supply. The XFR is a Wagner + G rimm type EE554 made in Switzerland that I can't...
5
5

Ford 9N ignition question.
wrote in I've got no familiarity with what a condenser is (outside of HVAC) in car circuitry. But thanks for saying what it does.
5
5

Semi-OT: Rewiring Whole House
Rewiring whole house, mostly existing and not adding many new outlets, keeping existing 20 year old panel. Will doing this see any appreciable drop in electrical consumption, bills? Could not find...
23
23

Sem-OT: Rewiring Whole House
Rewiring whole house, mostly existing and not adding many new outlets, keeping existing panel. Will doing this see any appreciable drop in electrical consumption, bills?
1
1

What actually Fails inside of Paper Capacitors
I've seen so many warnings about these old wax coated paper capacitors in these newsgroups, and on the web, that every time I see one of them now, I begin to shudder. Immediately, I notify the FBI,...
15
15

Balanced XLR input - Do I use the High or Low for an unbalanced input.
The inputs on this commercial power amp has Balanced XLR inputs. They are the 3 prong connectors like on modern microphones. But there is also a barrier strip with 6 screws. (3 per channel). Each...
10
10

Covering printed Tube Tester paper sheets with plastic
Probably slightly off topic. I got a hold of an old tube tester, which works well, but the paper roll for the settings is not in the best shape and tends to get stuck at the ends of the roll. I plan...
12
12

My wife picked up a TV
My wife thinks I can fix anything. Well I can't. She picked up this TV a few days ago, I finally plugged it in. Looks like it fell over and broke. Here's a picture of the screen. What part broke? Do...
49
49