Subject Author Posted Replies

Why CD laser unit fails so often?
Hi In the last years I have changed twice the laser unit of my Aiwa CD reader and once the unit of my mom's Sony reader. The three were original spare parts, and the three died months after. Why this...
10
10

Sony CDP101 repair
Hi, I bought one of the above immediately they appeared on sale in Sydney - in fact I pre-ordered it. For the first week, I had no CDs to put in it !! With a few minor repairs, it has been working...
39
39

What is the difference between a BASS Guitar Amp and a STANDARD one?
What is the difference between a BASS Guitar Amp and a STANDARD guitar amp, as far as the circuitry? I am assuming the speakers are made to better handle the bass frequencies, but are the circuits any...
7
7

What's your opinion of this "Radio Shack" Freq. Counter
No, I am not buying another Freq. Counter. I only need one and I already bought that C&C 150. However, I had considered this one.... I'm just curious. I know some people hate Radio Shack stuff, but I...
11
11

Re: blaupunkt tv gives no picture
It's a Black & White movie which contains no white. As for the sound, it's close captioned...... :)

Of all the stupid things . . . .
Of all the stupid things . . . . While looking at some online manuals, I downloaded a .PDF manual that's upside down..... What the hell am I supposed to do, stand on my head to read it? I have the...
25
25

Confused about Frequency Counters
Although I used someone's frequency counter back around the 1970s, I never owned one. From what I recall, back then, there was a BNC connector on the unit, where test leads connected and were used to...
39
39

Duracell 1432 Flashlight: Battery Drain.
I have five of these things: Three of them seem tb OK, but two drain the batteries: 2-3 months on the shelf and the batteries are dead. If it were all 5, I could buy the allegations of a flawed...
31
31

Kroil
After all the discussions here and the occasional praise for Kroil here and elsewhere, I went to their website and purchased their Introductory Package. I just received it from Kroil this afternoon. I...
7
7

Is there any Archive of Radio Shack schematics & manuals online?
I recall when Radio Shack had schematics for every one of their items. Brands like Archer, Micronta, Tandy, Realistic etc. Radio shack items will be around for a long time, and I have many of them....
9
9

Metcal handpiece
Greetings! My MX500 handpiece went open in the handle. Does anybody know how to take it apart?
5
5

Goodbye Radio Shack
It's official. Radio Shack is closing their doors. The nearest store to me (in a big city about 60 miles away), is having a "going out of business sale". Yesterday it was 80% off almost everything....
44
44

Re: Can't drive MicroPlanet Gravity properly
Yes, thanks, I'd think that too except for this vague recollection it has happened before. Though anything so tricky should be a bug not a feature! BTW There's another funny: on every other NG,...

Basic newbie questions about setting up an RB411/R52n-M as a WiFi card in a desktop computer at home
Basic newbie questions about setting up an RB411/R52n-M as a WiFi card in a desktop computer at home. GOAL: I would like to ask some basic newbie questions about setting up an RB411/R52n-M as a...

RCA PLUGS
recommend a source for quality RCA plugs ? RCA-RCA plugs ? Male AND Female
18
18