Subject Author Posted Replies

Component Damage
One of the books I picked up on faultfinding and troubleshooting whilst in London the other day (title escapes me but I can find it if anyone cares) states that: a) A bipolar transitor may be...
32
32

Re: Is there A New Thing That can Interfere With My WIFI ?
See if you can find a WiFi scanning-and-analysis application which works with your variety of Windows and your particular WiFi card. They're sometimes called "site analysis" programs. Depending on the...
45
45

China
You can watch this without ads on my streaming platform, Nebula! https://nebula.tv/videos/strange-parts-how-i-made-my-own-iphone-in-china I built a like-new(but really refurbished) iPhone 6S 16GB...
4
4

The 280 pound capacitor
Hi all, I tore down a Marconi signal generator today. It's been awaiting my attention for quite a while. Can't recall the model number off hand but it does 10kHz to 5.4Ghz IIRC. I bought it from some...
28
28

(OT) Would you pay $99.99 for a USED 1gb Flash Drive
Am I missing something, (like gold plating) Or do they really think someone is stupid enough to pay $100 for a USED 1gb flash drive? PNY Mini Attache 1 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive. Buy it Now for - Only...
29
29

5W resistor ?, marked 0.1ohm, 5W
I cracked the white outer ceramic block and instead of wire/strip around a ceramic core, what looked exactly like a 2W metal oxide resistor, complete with brown,black,silver bands . Does wrapping a 2W...
11
11

Contact Enhancer, Battery Mfr
QUESTION 1: I have several devices that have battery (alkaline AA or AAA) contacts that regularly get resistive. Opening the device and spinning the batteries usually solves it but only for a day or...
19
19

I'll never use an oscilloscope again
While looking at an oscilloscope, a human-like figure appeared on the screen. It was an alien from another planet, teleported to Earth. Good grief, I always thought oscilloscopes were only supposed to...
21
21

Name for a the plug on a printer
I got one of those all in one printers, scanners, etc. It's a HP model C4480. It plugs into the USB on a computer. Looks similar to a cellphone cord, but the printer end is considerably larger. The...
9
9

Targus, iGo Universal power supplies
I have several of these. 60 and 90 Watt laptop type power bricks that are 'programmed' to a certain output voltage and current limit by replacable tips. I've also got a slug of tips for each (plus...
5
5

OT - Moving Yahoo Emails to OE6
Hello, eletro fans.... Yes, I know this ain't a Yahoo group. But, and this is a big butt, you guys know a whole lot more than those who post cryptic stuff at the computer groups. Any help steering me...
3
3

Behringer VT1951 Tube Ultra-Q repair
I have one of these on my bench that I'm repairing: Currently the only problem is a weak left channel when the "Warmth" knob is increased. When the "Warmth" control (VR200, bottom left of the...
23
23

NEED SERVICE MANUAL AND/OR SCHEMATIC FOR TEKTRONIX 1501 TDR
I found a couple of Tektronix 1501 TDR units in the attic. They're B-phase prototypes. One seems to mostly work. Symptoms suggest that the sampling gate is stuck open. It's not easy to probe assembled...
8
8

Lithium Ion battery discharge
I have a Kindle DX that has twice discharged the battery completely over night when the device was laid flat on a table. Normally I put the device on a shelf standing upright when it isn't in use and...
5
5

Brother MDI-30/MDI-40/PDC-100
Hello, all. The above referenced ca. 1980s MIDI sequencers (termed "Disk Composers" by Brother) all appear to use the same internal 3.5" FDD. The spindle is belt rather than direct driven. I can't...
5
5