Latest threads in Microcontroller Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help!!! microchip 16f84 build error
well i hope someone can help me, when i try to build supplied it says true vector error. this is the code template supplied by microchip and I am following the procedure to the letter in the user...
1
1

AVR-GCC: no error/warning if region text little overfull
If code is clearly too big for the compile-target device, the AVR-GCC linker errors "region text full" . But not if the result is just some bytes too big. For example for ATmega8 with 0x2000 bytes...

RVK Basic
Greetings- Please tell me where I can purchase an updated version. Can't download any version from Nuts & Volts for some reason. Thanks, Jim.
1
1

Timer2 to clock out on P1.0
I have the following code in my 89C450 running at 29.491mhz which should give me a square wave out at P1.0 but it doesnt work. Serial port works fine at 19200baud so I know thats programmed using...

newbie---- DAC 4-20MA
Hi all I am new to hardware issues and I can use any help you can give me...I am working on a simple project with parallax basic stamp...I have to control a vfd that accepts 4-20ma... Basically I was...

8051 and timer usage
I am running my 89C450 MCU at 29.491mhz I need to generate a clock output at 500khz for another device without adding more components. I was thinking about using one of the timers, but dont know how....

newbie here looking for example code
Hi, I am just starting out with learning how these pics work, and esp how one could be used to drive some 7 segment displays doing some counting etc. is there some example code i could play with? many...
4
4

Newbie: Problem programming AT90CAN128 using STK500 board.
Hi, I have a custom made communication gateway PCB with an AT90CAN128 microcontroller. The PCB card has its own 6 PIN ISP interface that i connect to the 6 PIN ISP of the STK500 board. The STK500...
1
1

RS232 / RS485 On 8-Bit AVR
Hey Guys/Girls, I'm trying to get serial communications happening on an Atmega - basically I was wondering if anybody knew of any good sites/books which explain this in detail. I'm going to be writing...
1
1

Banking Pic 16F877
Hi all. I'm having a strange problem here with some debugging. Got an ide that the problem is perhaps relatet to some sort of bank-switching. My qustion is : I'm in program bank ?. Make a call to a...
5
5

Space optimizing : C++, mega8, math.h
Hi again, I'm having problems getting room for the code in my ATmega8. I found that working with 32 bit int's wasn't enough, but now I changed et all to 64 bit int's the code grew about 50% from about...
1
1

parallax
Hallo dames/heren, Even voorstellen, de naam is Piet Pas begonnen met een Boe van parallax. Heb natuurlijk meteen al veel vragen. Zijn er onder U mensen die wat van de BS2 van parallax weten ?...

LCD interfacing with PIC16f877
hi all, i m trying to display some text on LCD using pic16f877 but unable to get that.......... only backlight turns on in LCD circuit diagram i have made is as follows: pin 1 of pic to reset button(...
2
2

Transfering integer via rs232 without converting to string.
Hi all, I would like to transfer an integer (4bytes) from a vb program running on my main computer to an ATmega8 microcontroller without having to convert it to a string and sending every char of the...
6
6

RC Oscillator
Hi, When using an RC oscillator for the PIC's, is there a way to determine the frequency from the values of R and C? How?
3
3