Question on ethernet controller

Hi all,

1) Iam working on Philips LPC 2292 controller board, Ethernet controller is Rtl8019 and Iam testing Rtl8019 driver on linux 2.6 Kernel.I have few Doubts.

2) If at all if a single packet comes and sits in Rx Buffer. Whether my ethernet controller immediately raises an Interrupt or it wait for Few seconds or milliseconds for another packets to sit in Rx Buffer before it raises an Interrupt.

3) If at all If ISR is Executing and if Before copying a packet from Rx Buffer to local Buffer, if few packet comes to Eth controller, will respective packets sits in Rx Buffer or packets are Denied by Ethernet controller.

Thanks in advance, Bab

Reply to
srblinux