ElectricFence Exiting: mprotect() failed: Cannot allocate memory - Page 2

Re: ElectricFence Exiting: mprotect() failed: Cannot allocate memory

Only an executable object (.e_type is ET_DYN or ET_EXEC) can be pre-loaded.
An archive library (*.a) that contains ET_REL files cannot be pre-loaded.

--

Re: ElectricFence Exiting: mprotect() failed: Cannot allocate memory

It amazes me that in all this time you never managed to answer a
simple question: is the crash *in* malloc, or is it in your own code?

You are continuing to debug this as if there is malloc corruption,
and this will prove futile if the crash is (as I suspect) in your
own code instead.

You can only preload shared libraries.

Besides, reading man page for libduma, I see that it uses *exact*
same strategy as efence: a guard page after every allocation.

So, once you manage to build a shared libduma.so, and preload it;
it will most likely fail just like efence did, because the overhead
of guard pages is too great for majority of real-world (non-toy)
applications.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.

Re: ElectricFence Exiting: mprotect() failed: Cannot allocate memory

Under glibc, setting the shell environment variable "export MALLOC_CHECK_=2"
[note the trailing underscore] performs additional internal consistency checks
that are relatively inexpensive.  Run "info libc" then search for MALLOC_CHECK_.

man swapon   # how to increase swap space.
/proc/<pid>/maps  reveals summary information for one process.
/proc/<pid>/smaps  reveals more details for one process.
/proc/meminfo  reports a system-wide summary.

--

Re: ElectricFence Exiting: mprotect() failed: Cannot allocate memory
MALLOC_CHECK_.

The OP is using a PPC-based SoC. I doubt that he has any swap space on
board.

Site Timeline