Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

The $50 7" tablet stampede
The $50 7" tablet stampede -------------------------- The $50 7" tablet stampede for Android running on Linux is threatening/has started to obliterate all other products. OMG! :-( Basically Far East...

ARM modules for automotive.
Hi, I am looking for ARM modules for automotive application. At this time I am using AT91SAM9260 module, but it is discontinued. Minimum operational temperature range: -30 to +80C Vibration resistant....

MicroXwin- Fastest X windows now supports Android.
Hello Developers, We have a new release (2.4 ) of MicroXwin- Our high performance kernel based X windows implementation. A unified distribution can now be created that supports both Android and X...

Still haven't figured out quad core pricing model for Freescale i.MX6
Still haven't figured out quad core pricing model for Freescale i.MX6 --------------------------------------------------------------------- Quad core $89 USB stick Linux computer Hi-802 out in a few...

Ubuntu coming to tablets starting with Nexus 7 quad core tablet
That means I need three arms and three eyes to operate the Nexus 7, Gemei G2 tablet AND the Nexus 10 at the same time! I got the Gemei G2 to put Lubuntu on it. If the developer's summit put Ubuntu on...

VMSPLIT_3G on ARM platform
Hello, The kernel 2.6.31.8 is configured with CONFIG_VMSPLIT_3G enabled, i.e. 1G for kernel memory space and 3G for the user memory space -- so the kernel occupies upper 1G (0xc0000000 - 0xffffffff),...

memory protection in linux kernels
Hello I'm debugging my kernel module, which appears to have a memory corruption, basically a piece of memory allocated by alloc_netdev() for 'net_device' instance has benn corrupted. I'm wondering if...
7
7

corrupted pointer in 'net_device'
Hello, the device driver I'm working on is implementing a virtual device. The logic is as follows: static struct net_device_ops virt_net_ops = { .ndo_init = virt_net_init, .ndo_open = virt_net_open,...

How graphics is handled in an embedded linux os.
Dear All, My query is, in an embedded linux os, how graphics is handled? To my knowledge, Bottom-most layer must be hardware. What is above it? Device driver from hardware vendor? Then, on top of it,...

Why Appil shitware failed
Why Appil shitware failed ------------------------- 1. Its crap. Maps crap. You still can't drag and drop music and video. It still got foggy displays for playing video compare to crisp Samsung AMOLED...
5
5

Embedded Systems 100% Placement
Hi All, Please find the attached course plan. Job Oriented Course (JOC) means it should offer the below 3 Steps. Step1: Subject Concepts coaching for the technical expertise suitable for any embedded...

UBOOT compile trouble
Hi, I've some board based on freescale powerPc (MPC5200) and running linux. I'm currently generating an UBOOT bootloader using the ppc cross-compiler installed from LTIB ((Linux Target Image Builder...

Looking for distribution for an "information screen" computer
I'm looking for suggestions for a convenient distribution for use on a small PC (x86 board) for an "information screen". On power-on, the system should start up a browser showing a particular web...
6
6

A new tablet a day spurring new SoC a day
Totally flooding the market, increasing customer confusion and causing all sorts of incompatabilites. Cos its free. You're an idiot.
4
4

ARM boot technology going up a notch
ARM boot technology going up a notch ------------------------------------ ARM chips are constantly evolving. So no two ARMs are really alike - always someone has added some extra lines of VHDL code to...
34
34