Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Reading /proc/stat btime from user space
I would like to read the value of /proc/stat btime in my user space program. How can I do that?
6
6

Linux: Pressure on Intel to ditch x86 and move to ARM chips
Linux: Pressure on Intel to ditch x86 and move to ARM chips ----------------------------------------------------------- The world + dog now eats from only ARM. So the pressure is on for Intel to ditch...
3
3

Relation: kernel <-> root filesystem
Hello, I have question about relation between kernel and some distro filesystem. I ask because e.g. I need to use some specific kernel, I download it from OMAP kernel sources and then I need...

How NDA'd SoCs kill China factories
How NDA'd SoCs kill China factories ----------------------------------- So you were dumb enough to sign up to an NDA'd chip because that was how you were told it could be done and then your factory...
2
2

The Multi-Billion dollar market opportunity created by Ubuntu on mobiles
The Multi-Billion dollar market opportunity created by Ubuntu on mobiles ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ubuntu is going mobile with a consistent platform that...
2
2

Did anyone wrote a slave device
for the single wire system. so a ctlr with a mix of DS18B20 and other slave devices ( other Microctrl) with some application. Many thanks in advances André

2 x VIA mini Android on Linux PC boards for $98, includes shipping
2 x VIA mini Android on Linux PC boards for $98, includes shipping ------------------------------------------------------------------ Various other distros are planned/running on the board. It does...

sock_create() in kernel
Hello, I was looking in to __sock_create() code to get better understanding of the kernel's internal machinery and found that the kernel calls try_module_get() twice; here is a snippet: static int...
1
1

Re: Need porting of German AI into Java
You know, I'd have killfile'ed you a long time ago, but you actually write code as a part of your project. I really value people who get their hands dirty in the pursuit of their ideas. Andy Valencia...

unable to "rmmod" the module
Hello, I'm working with a large embedded software (ARM processor, embedded linux 2.6.31, busybox) involving both kernel and user space code. There's a kernel module normally loaded first, and daemon...
1
1

netdevice notifier
Hello, I'm adding a netdevice notifier in my module: int os_netdevice_notifier_cb (struct notifier_block *, unsigned long, void *); ... static struct notifier_block os_netdevice_notifier = {...

Audio codecs for max9856
Hi all , i'm writing an audio codecs for max9856 follow alsa farmwork. which is sample code i should base on ? Can you advise me . I'm newbie on embedded . Thanks all!
1
1

need ideas for a graduation project related to embedded linux
Dear all, I have a graduation project this year i am very interested in doing projects in embedded linux please suggest me ideas thanks in advance
1
1

path of packets through network stack
Hello I'm trying to study and understand operations of the Linux tcp/ip stack, specifically how 'ping' sends packets down and receives them. Ping creates raw socket in AF_INET family, therefore I...
8
8

adding new address families (AF_xxx)
Hello, I came across the kernel driver code implementing some sort of IGMP snooping backend and as part of its functionalilty it creates a new socket address family, AF_IGMPSNOOP, but actually...
3
3