Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Functional Combination of Cross-Platform Development Tools
Hi friends, Can any body suggest the recent known functional combination of Binutils, glibc & gcc versions to build a working Cross-platform Development Tool chain to complile linux 2.6 kernel Also...

Discussion group for embedded linux GUI
Hello, Looks like there is no central place to discuss embedded linux UI issues on the net, so I created a google group which allows us to discuss anything regarding embedded Linux GUI topics. The...
1
1

BSP for S3C2440
Hi all, I can easily find and download a Linux 2.6 BSP for the PXA270 (Mainstone) board. However, I am having a hard time to find a BSP for the SMDK2440 platform (Samsung S3C2440 CPU). Can anyone...

atm style touchscreen
Hi, Does anybody have a recommendation on a touch screen, drivers and configurations to make an interface like an atm that is completely optimized for a finger pressing buttons? Thank you, Nik

Low cost embedded Linux Board!
This Board runs a real Linux operating system on an Atheros AR5315 microprocessor! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem

Netbooting with RPL
Hello, I got my hands on an old x86 style terminal (Etherminal does it write at boot time). This machine has an AMD PCnet 10/100 mbps network connection and is able to boot through it. But I don't...
3
3

Porting Linux for PowerPC-7410
hi friends, Can any body help me out in selecting the latest stable linux Kernel so that i can choose it for Porting for a Powerpc-7410. what is the reference board for SMVE/DME-181 from dy4 Systems.

why need Codepage when insmod ext2
why need Codepage when insmod ext2.o and ext3 ? when i insmod fat.o, it need Codepage to support it, but why it does not need to ext2 and ext3?

Cost analysis for Embedded Linux?
Hi all, Am working on a project that aims to device an Embedded System which has serial input and GPRS output. Like this Serial data ====> Embedded System (using GPRS modem) ===> UDP/TCP to internet...
3
3

TSLIB touchscreen
Hi! I have been wrestling with optimizing a touchscreen for button pressing with a finger. I started by trying to set the tslib filters, variance and dejitter to eliminate the noise that we were...

Has anyone ported the arm-linux toolchain to the Intel Max OSX?
While I can, and am, running Ubuntu in Parallels on my Intel Mac OSX to do my arm development, I would prefer to use the native BSD. Has anyone done this. Any tips, caveats, pitfalls? Thanks.
6
6

oprofile : generating thread profile.
Hi All, Can we generate thread level profile using oprofile utility? I want the profile for time or cycles consumed by individual threads.

LinuxBSP (linux-2.6.10) and Serial Driver Problem
We are using LinuxBSP (linux-2.6.10) with a ColdFire MCF5474. The second internal UART is used to communicate with a ColdFire MCF5232 using RTS/CTS flow control. The problem we have is RTS gets turned...

booting linux on a digital photo frame
Hello, (...hope i'm a the good newsgroup...) I have a digital photo frame but i'm very disapointed because a lack of functionality (no shuffle, image distorsion between 16/9 and 4/3 format, etc...). I...

DMA time varying widely on MPC8272
In my Linux device driver, I am frequently DMA'ing to the SDRAM. My board has an MPC8272 processor. I have noticed the time from the start of the DMA to when I get the DMA interrupt can vary as much...