Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

embedded browsers
Has anyone built minimo recently? The newest verion claims JS compatability, which would be the ticket for me! And it even comes with Angstrom, a distro for small handhelds.... Can anyone comment on...
2
2

Free slideset
Hi, A free slideset which covers realtime/embedded systems can be downloaded from the "downloads" section on my website at Regards.
2
2

ANY BODY KNOW ABOUT SITE WHERE THE NOTES OF EMBEDDED IS AVAILABLE
Hi..........friends i wants know about the site where the notes of embedded system is available.
1
1

need to migrate from Linux 2.4 to Linux 2.6 kernel, direct replacement of kernel image is Ok?
Currently using one of the leading Embedded Distribution on MIPS core based processor, this Linux is 2.4.20 Kernel, some customers also doing trails with this platform, but some new customers are...
3
3

AC97 hurdle!
Hi, Im in the process of writing a library (or a module down the road) to allow test code to access the audio codec (Philips UCB1400) on a SBC. The AMD Geode GX processor implements the AC 97'...

About wind river linux
Hello, I have the follwoing questions about Wind River's Linux. Is windriver linux license a one time development license or is it on a per user basis. Is a jvm that supports Java Swings available...
2
2

Building Linux 2.6.20 on FreeBSD for AVR32 NGW100: help needed ..
TWIMC, While I have the toolchain, compiler, uClib and u-boot successfully built, my Linux kernel build is giving me some fits ... and I believe it is over the include files. When using `make...
2
2

HELP : FLASH MEMORY TESTING
Hi, I would like to learn about memory testing, mainly flash memory tetsing, Can you please help me in getting proper documents for this. Thanks and Regards Sooraj Sasindran

ldscripts
hi, i'm trying build a minimal rootfs with busybox/uClibc. i took the following files/links from ELDK-uClibc-4.1 (arm-linux) and put them into /lib of the target: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 24044...

libpng compilation issue with ltib
Hi, my name is Claudia De Bartolomeis and I'm trying to compile libpng in the BSP m532xevb, based on kernel uClinux 2.6.17.7-uc1 by Freescale, using Ltib. but it doesn't work. It seems due to...

NFS mount "Permission denied" Problem
Hi, everyone: I got a strange problem while using the NFS--I cannot mount it even from local machine! The problem is as follow: (my IP is set to 192.168.1.60)...
5
5

How to remount MMC card on gumstix?
Hi, I have a Gumstix running Linux as follows: # uname -a Linux gumstix 2.6.11gum #1 Wed Feb 1 16:53:57 PST 2006 armv5tel unknown I am using the MMC card to collect data from an application and need...

Hard link and disk usage
I have an executable with size is 1 Mega in the directory /bin of a ramdisk image. If I make a hard link to the executable in directory /bin2 with the du command I see that the directory /bin2 is 1...
5
5

IDE driver in polling mode
Hi. I have a board with MPC8541(PPC PQ3) platform running 2.6.14 Linux. I'd like to know whether it is possible to use IDE driver (ide-disk) in polling mode, instead of using IRQ. In case you wonder -...

How to programmatically detect a mounted device
Hi, I have a gumstix running linux version below. # uname -r 2.6.11gum It has a MMC slot which I use for collecting log files. My requirements is that if the MMC card is mounted, my application would...
3
3