Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

I have compiled both uclinux and skyeye,but when running,the error occur as follow, any reply will be appreciate.
I have download and install the following: arm-uclinux-elf-tools-base-gcc3.4.3-20050722 skyeye_1_2_2_Rel uClinux-dist-20070130.tar and build the uClinux using the following config: Vendor: gdb...
1
1

librarys on target
hello, i have the problem that my programs that i compile with an cross compiler on my host system donĀ“t work on the target because they are missing shared librarys. i have a look at the binarys with...
1
1

Problems with Ext2fs on a CF card.
Hi. I use a Compact Flash card (SanDisk) to hold an ext2 Linux File System on an embedded system, running 2.6 Linux. The CF is connected in true IDE mode. I have numerous problems running a File...
8
8

Need to migrate from VxWorks to RedHat
Hello, I have to merge to one Linux RedHat station two different applications currently running under VxWorks/VME board and HP-UX/HP PA. Can you give me some advices how to approach this project? It...

newbe
Hello Linux community. I am new to Linux and was wondering what would be a good method of diving in and getting myself going. I have been doing embedded for the passed few years but not on Linux....
1
1

Kernel panic on boot with CFI flash device on physical memory, MTD, and JFFS2 enabled
Hi all, I have been trying to make the MTD partition working on Montavista Linux 2.4.20 because I need to mount JFFS2 (writeable and persistent) file system on ramdisk based file system. I have...

embedded VNC
I need to throw together an embedded VNC tablet. The hardware consists of a 486DX4, 24 MB RAM, and a 1 GB HD. I have PCMCIA (not cardbus) slots and I have to support wireless. I can buy whatever...
3
3

memory monitor tool
Hi Can anyone suggests me a powerful memory monitor tool ? I'm using TS7400 board with ARM9 from CirrusLogic with the kernel 2.4 (distro debian)

Vista USB driver signing
First of all.. Sorry for my English. We wrote an USB driver for an embedded application on Windows 2000. It works fine, but now this OS in no more available. I read this: It seems that on Vista-64...
1
1

RJ45 extender + embedded Linux?
Hi I was wondering if such a thing exists: An embedded Linux in an RJ45 extender (coupler) that could be used either... - as a tiny firewall between a PC and a switch/hug, or - as an invisible proxy...
5
5

can application find out the physical address of it's buffer ?
Hello, I would appreciate any help regarding the following problem. I am writing user-space application, and I need to allocate moderately sized (few KBytes) buffer in such a way that my application...
2
2

Interrupts - Loss of Edge triggered interrupts
Hi, When interrupt sharing is not required, is Edge triggering is the right choice over level triggering? I heard that the interrupts can be **lost** in the edge triggering but in level triggering the...
1
1

Help with using JFFS2 as root filesystem
Hi all, I have been trying to get the JFFS2 working on Linux kernel 2.4.20 that is implemented on ppc. I have used Ramdisk based filesystem with no problem. However, I need a filesystem that can...
6
6

Linux embedded light-boot for x86
Hi all! I have to realize a little product with a PC104/LX800 (x86) hardware. I like to have a quick boot up but at the same time I need to have a graphical server... I don't need necessarily KDE or...
3
3

Ncurses and HD44780 LCD
Hey everyone, I'm working on a project with a 4x20 HD44780-compatible character LCD which is used to display a menuing system. I'd like to use Ncurses to handle the display output to this LCD, but I'm...
5
5