Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Colilo porting (Please help)
I am working with a BSP of embedded Linux distribuited by Freescale for the M5485evb evaluation board. I need to modify colilo (to start) to work on a custom board based on the evaluation board. The...

C/C++ library on AT91RM-EK
Hi all, I am doing a project in which I am using AT91RM-EK board. I am using 2.6.20 kernel with latest patches. Eventually I have to run C++ application on the board. I am currently using GNU C...
3
3

Minimal kernel Uimage size for PPC 8270 processor
Hi, I am poring from Linux 2.4 to Linux 2.6. My board is based on PPC 8270 processor of FreeScale (Motorola). The Linux kernel uImage on Linux 2.4 was ~ 720 Kbytes. What size should I expect on Linux...
1
1

Xenomai Message queue
Hi everyone , Any one here used Xenomai real time patch ? if so I need to transfer a data from the kernal space to user space and vice-versa using message queues in Xenomai . (rt_queue_create) . Help...

Kernel Programmers - AppLabs - Hyderabad
AppLabs is looking for Kernel Programming Experts with an experience of 2 - 6 yrs. Location : Hyderabad =EF=83=98 4+ years experience programming & debugging experience in C/C++, Java, Linux Kernel....
2
2

2Gb SD Card on Freescale MXL arm9 based board
Hi all, I've a self designed motherboard based on MXL demoboard, with embedded sd-card reader. I've installed linux 2.4.26-vrs1-mx1ads_0406251307. My problem is that I can read only sd-card up to 1Gb,...
5
5

fast-mounting read-only file system on NAND flash / UBI experience ?
Hello all, I'm looking into options for a file system to use on a 32MB NAND flash. JFFS2 as it currently stands has to go away, as the mounting takes over 12 seconds on this small ARM system, which is...
2
2

jtag programmers
Hi, We're about to create a custom built board (based on pxa255) for our project at the school. I've been looking around for jtag programmers/ debuggers, and have seen that there is a really big...
1
1

AHCI Driver modification
Hello, Background: I am running uCLinux on a processor embedded in a FPGA, and need a AHCI support for a device not on PCI but my own custom bus. The kernel version is 2.6.20, so there is an AHCI...

How to build cross-gdb for mipsel?
I tried to use gcc-3.2.3 and gdb-5.3 to build the cross-gdb for mipsel but failed. What I have done as follows: build mipsel-gdb ok build gdbserver ok port gdbserver to board(mipsel R6000) with a ok...

no name resolution in busybox system
I created an embedded (CF card based) system using a glibc linked version of busybox. I do have a /etc/ file but I cannot get any name resolution for the entries in /etc/hosts. Some of my custom...
3
3

Need help on APM for gumstix
Hi, I am trying to get APM to work on the gumstix. I was able to put it to sleep, validated by measuring the current (normal ~200mA, sleep ~10mA) by using command "apm -s". Where the code is...

cannot access /dev/pts/?
OK. I know the basics. /dev/pts needs to be mounted to access pseudo- terminals in modern UNIX98 kernels. I have enabled the CONFIG_UNIX98_PTYS=y option in my kernel and mounted /dev/pts. See below....
2
2

Looking for inexpensive embedded Linux for MIPS based Router platform
I am looking for inexpensive Embedded Linux OS to load onto MIPS based Router platform, this contains 64MB RAM and 32MB ROM. Looking for some cheap OS, enquired about couple of commercial Embedded...
1
1

Passing parameters from Uboot to Linux kernel
Hi. I need to pass a parameter from the U-boot to Linux kernel. The problem is, it's not one of the parameters defined in struct bd_info (bd_t). Changing the bd_t definition in both the U-boot and the...